Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #37
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
hmmm... Does any1 know the revs for the yarii?

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #38
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
***** while in neutral
Thanks for the clarification. :)

Damn, I tried to clutchless shift today in the beater Tercel that I bought for my son. As beautifully as that car shifts with the clutch, it really DOES NOT like to clutchless shift. Even on upshifts, it won't do it without a really healthy neutral-rev first. Gonna have to practice that one some more so that I can talk my son through it. I think it's a skill that he needs to learn. (never know when the clutch hydraulics are gonna fail on your beater car!)

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:07 AM   #39
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
i did this on my 86 jeep, and on my 08 LB.... i don't know why people would think it is hard. If you get the revs right.. the thing will nearly move the gear itself, you hardly have to guide it. Just do it fast when it goes, don't slowly change gears... otherwise you will grind the gears. A few times I have kinda held onto the stick... not really paying attention and then you hear it make some noise.

Soft shifting like that doesn't seem to be as fuel efficient... you lose a tiny bit of momentum compared to shifting with the clutch which is a slightly faster process.