Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
jstantherprsn

Drives: 01 Toyota Echo
6 speaker setup and speaker sizes

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know what sizes are in my doors for speakers? I checked online and I am being told that they are 5 ¼ or 6 ½. I saw that someone mentioned they were riveted to the door? Has anyone drilled these out and found an appropriate self taping screw to use? I am asking because I am thinking of replacing the speakers with some xplodes I already have. I also saw that the rear speakers are odd as well. I am told 5 ¼, 6 ½ and 6x9 speakers. I read somewhere that the rear speakers need a bracket to be made. Is that only for 5 ¼?

That last thing is my setup is a 6 speaker setup which is odd to me. I am used to 4 speaker setups, is there a deck standard for 6 speaker setups? I am just curious in case I want to change out the stereo in the future. Just looking to see if anyone can offer some insight before I open the doors, dash and rear.
jstantherprsn is offline   Reply With Quote