Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-11-2016, 10:49 AM   #19
joell

Drives: 2013 Hatchback
I used ToyoDIY . com in the past but it doesn´t have the diagrams anymore, but you can search under the powertrain group the word "brake".
Also many dealerships with online stores do the same and show the parts assembly diagrams, even the price.
joell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:22 AM   #20
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Both of the rotors on my Yaris warped like crazy. I've never had rotors warp like that on anything else. I've been using the el cheapo ones on my truck for the last 4 years and haven't had any trouble out of those, so that's what I went with on the Yaris too.

I use Wagner Thermoquiet pads - http://www.amazon.com/Wagner-ThermoQ...ilpage_o05_s01

And these rotors - http://www.amazon.com/Centric-Parts-...ilpage_o05_s00

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:54 PM   #21
brushforhire

Drives: 07 HB YARIS, 15 JUKE, 00 TUNDR
If you are looking to go performance you could always swap on the Yaris S stock rotors with a set of xD/corolla calipers and pads. I just did that with the MI stainless braided lines, and wow. I wish all my vehicles stopped like that. I hardly even have to press on the brake pedal anymore to get response.
brushforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #22
BennyLava

Drives: 1987 Silverado
Yeah I am looking for a bump in braking performance. To me the car doesn't really brake well with the stock components.

However, while I would like to gain some braking performance, I'm not sure I want to change the pedal feel much. I like actually having to feel it go down some. And I think you can increase braking power, without having an over sensitive brake pedal. I used to have an 03 Volvo S80 and it was like that for some reason. You breathe on the pedal and it would jam on the brakes. Didn't like it. It would make your foot sore, because when you'd want to hover over the pedal for a bit, you couldn't just slightly rest your foot on the edge of the pedal.

If you did that the car would be braking pretty hard. Harder than I thought it should for the amount of foot pressure that you put on the pedal. So if possible, I'd like to avoid that outcome with the Yaris. And it seems to me, there should be a way to do it. Perhaps its just a pedal adjustment.
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #23
brushforhire

Drives: 07 HB YARIS, 15 JUKE, 00 TUNDR
I wouldn't say that it is over sensitive at all, more so responsive. It actually feels right. I don't feel like I have to put weight into braking now. It still has plenty of pedal movement, without being touchy. It just brakes effortlessly. I like it that way.

I rest my foot on the pedal without issue at all.

In my previous comment, I didn't mean to make it sound like it was twitchy, just really does what I want.
brushforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:54 PM   #24
BennyLava

Drives: 1987 Silverado
Anyone happen to know the brake fluid change interval? Probably in my manual but I heard toyota can be a bit weird about this so I thought I'd ask. Just in case there are any odd requirements to changing the brake fluid in my 09 Yaris.

The car just reached 150k miles, so I was going to go ahead and do a brake fluid flush while I'm doing all this work to the brakes.
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #25
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I don't believe the manual states a regular interval for brake fluid bleed.

I would change it out due to your mileage, I change mine every 2-3 years and it looks fine at 2 years. The fluid will absorb moisture over time so even if it looks fine it should be changed periodically.

You can purchase an electronic tester which will measure the moisture in the fluid as well.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:57 PM   #26
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Mine has the original fluid from 2008 in it. It still looks brand new.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote