Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
nikbrewer
I've made a post!

Drives: 2010 yaris 5-door (maybe)
Considering yaris 5-door for next build up

Hello everyone, I just found this forum this week afer i decided I may try a 2010 yaris 5 door for my next car. I have done a lot of buildups over the last few years and the yaris is pretty promising. I mainy have done vw's and scions lately. Feel free to go look at my web page www.freewebs.com/uber-stealth I have done some home audio stuff as well.

Anyway, I am wondering what everyone is doing as far as stereo stuff goes in these. I considered dropping in the premium scion head unit ( i was the first person to take one from the 2nd gen and install in 1st gen and get all the aux inputs to work), this seems to be a good head unit and has RCA outs. I am also considering swapping in a scion Xa steering wheel and wiring up the stereo controls on it.

Are people putting components in these, where are they mounting the tweeters? i was considering an alpine pdx 5 5channel amp, and running a 10" sun under the hatch floor inside the spare tire ( did this in the xb as well)

anyway, just trying to get a feel how much stuff people are doingo to thier yaris stereo
nikbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'm suprised no one has worked in on this...

Well...I'll start with questions. How much are you planning to spen for the "premium" Scion source? I like the idea of swapping the steering wheel out. I was going to swap the Camry's adjustable wiper delay stalk instead of the one on my S.

The placement of the components SERIOUSLY depends on your goal. The aiming and placement of my component set is specific to these components. My crossover points along with the speaker placement, and the cabin layout (and materials used) will determine the overall sound. There are also other very important variables that affect the sound in my instance.

I've also got special plans for my A-pillars, the amp rack, the mid-bass mounting, and the subwoofer enclosure...This is going to take months to finish when I get back...even in the shop environment.