Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
javagirl
I've made a post!

Drives: 2009 Yaris Black LB, Auto
New Owner - Lights on Gear Shift

I'm happy to see there is a forum for Yaris owners. I'm looking forward to learning more about my new car.

That said...I have a complaint. I've only been driving it for a couple of days. I did a search on lights on the gear shift in the forum here and found several threads about there being no lights on the gear shift positions. I park in a underground garage and can't see what gear I'm in when pulling in or out of my spot. I understand I can turn on my lights, but I'm just astounded that Toyota wouldn't put lights on the gear shift. I haven't been driving it long enough to know what gear is where and I don't find stumbling around in the dark for the right gear to be a safe or acceptable solution. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket fix for this? Thank you.
javagirl is offline   Reply With Quote