Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-28-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
nimi
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2007
Steering wheel fell, tried to fix, now stuck

Hi all, first time poster, did a little search and couldn't find anything similar..

so my Yaris 2007 steering whee fell off it's hinges while i was driving (it remained connected to the rod and everything, no biggie) since it fell of the two hinges holding it and the whole mechanism which allows moving it forward and backwars with that little lever under the steering wheel.

I opened the baby up to fix it, and while i did, i pulled the wheel as close up to me as i could, which resulted in it pushing all the way out from it's modular rod. this surprised me, and naturally i tried pushing it back in (otherwise it can't reach the hinges) - but it won't move!

just to clarify - i'm not talking the lever mechanism, i'm talking the entire modular pole holding the steering wheel is extended *all the way out* and won't push back =\

Anyone encountered this before? any ideas on how to pop it back in? sheer force / hammering won't work.

nimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:42 PM   #2
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Telescopic steering in a Yaris. NOT! Up-Down yes. In-Out no. This is likely why it's fallen apart.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering wheel, steering wheel extension