Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southeast
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-01-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
Sunnybunnyone
I've made a post!

Drives: 2009 Yaris, onyx edition
Onyx edition

Hello! I have a 2009 Yaris, onyx edition. I am getting ready to get something a little bigger and KBB didn't give me an option to put in that it was a limited run.. I read that there were only 200 made. Can anyone help me out as to how that would affect the value? It has 109,xxx miles on it and is in great condition, my uncle and myself are the only owners. Interior is A+.
Sunnybunnyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:19 PM   #2
ardvark2175
ardvark

Drives: 2012 Yaris LE
First let's not be selfish. Post pics!!! Have never seen!!!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
ardvark2175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:32 PM   #3
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybunnyone View Post
Hello! I have a 2009 Yaris, onyx edition. I am getting ready to get something a little bigger and KBB didn't give me an option to put in that it was a limited run.. I read that there were only 200 made. Can anyone help me out as to how that would affect the value? It has 109,xxx miles on it and is in great condition, my uncle and myself are the only owners. Interior is A+.
That is a product of Southeast Toyota Dist LLC and not TMS, making it essentially a dealer built car, so finding a proper valuation is not likely. For the right buyer, someone looking for that model, it might bring a little more.

But for the average buyer (or dealer as a trade in), it isn't likely to bring any extra return - it could in some cases take away from the value, as it just looks like another modded car to someone that doesn't know.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:55 PM   #4
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12471

Quote:
The Yaris ONYX, also known as the Toyota Yaris ONYX or simply the ONYX, is a limited run liftback. As of December 2008, there were plans to make only 200 such vehicles.

The ONYX, which is essentially a Yaris with exclusive Toyota accessories, is available only in black, and only as a 3-door liftback. Its availability will be limited to the Southeastern United States (specifically states North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Florida) and is available only through Toyota dealers.

The name “ONYX” refers to its dark color. ONYX stone is typically of a dark, black hue.

SIGHTINGS
On-location photos of the Yaris ONYX were taken in Southern Georgia, and the photos accompanying this entry are believed to be the only ones wherein the exterior of the ONYX isn’t hidden. Additional sightings were reported outside the port near Jacksonville, FL.

FEATURES
In addition to the black finish, the Yaris ONYX features a variety of ONYX-only features. These include:
- Bongiovi radio with iPod interface
- Enkei 17” wheels in dark chrome
- Carbon fiber dash-trim
- Window tint
- Stainless steel exhaust tip
- Euro rear spoiler
- Window tint
- Custom badging
- Bluetooth capacity
- Limited edition numbered key chain
Read that thread, most felt the "extras" weren't worth the price...