Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-14-2007, 03:05 AM   #1
Farenheit

Drives: Yaris T3
Yaris 06 H/B Engine Cutting out problem..

Ok guys,

Just thought id post this up and see if any one can shed some light.
A few days ago i wasnt well and went to see my local GP at his surgery and decided to go up in my yaris.
On my way out from the surgery i backed up too much and as i pulled out "scratched/dented" the n/s of my lovely yaris!
Too cut a long story short and after comming out of a coma and depression i decided to give it in to a garage for repair.
When i got the car back i decided to give it in for a valet as it stunk like a painters pair of socks!
Right, now when i took the car from the valet garage i was driving home and at one point was about to turn into a side road i lost my power steering for approx 2 secs! Man was that dangerous.!
So i decided id park up and as i was parking up i lost it again and this time the P/S light blinked for a brief moment.
Being concerned i left it off for a bit and then decided to drive off again.
This didnt repeat itself the next day so i assumed it was a glitch until last night.
As i was coming out from a store in the eveneing i approaced my h/b used my remote key to open the doors and jumped in. Inserted the key into the barrel, depressed my clutch and turn the key.
The car lights lit up and then just died on me.
Turned the key several times and nothing
I started worrying naturally as i left my phone at home and was wondering how the hell i was going to get my baby back home.
I tried the remote on my key to see if the battery was dead, i got nothing.
! final test was the lock/unlock on my door which did nothing also.
Dead battery i assumed, great now what?!
So i popped my bonnet and fiddled with the battery terminals.. hit my key remote and the indicators lit up. Weird
So i quickly shut the bonnet and jumped into the car and fired it up.
Woohoo.. i sped back home asap!
Now as i was approaching my road i thought id try my beams and see how far my cool phillips blue vision bulbs would shine and as i did that my cd player cut out and started again???
Now im really confused. To add to the problem i drove into work this morning and as i was backing up into my parking space the engine cut out and came back really quick and my clock was showing 12:00 as if someone had removed my battery.
Is it possible my battery is knackered or do i have a more serious problem...?
Anyone... im all out of ideas

FH
Farenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
xpeteyjtx

Drives: 07 BB Yaris
one too many problems for an 06 model year. I'm assuming that the 06 version is the newer version Yaris correct? Do you have electric P/S, or does it use a hydraulic pump? Since it's an 06, you should still have a warranty, so bring it to Toyota and have them deal with it.
xpeteyjtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Farenheit

Drives: Yaris T3
Its the new shape yaris..
Took it down to Toyota and they had a look and told me the Battery terminal was loose lol... which theyve tightened.
Just gonna see if this happens again now.

Ta for the reply...

FH
Farenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #4
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
yeah sounds liked a battery problem. hopefully they had it fixed. good luck!

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote