Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
silaypalmer13

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Interior Cleaning help

What does everyone use for interior cleaning? (dash door panels etc...) Armor all seems ok, but when the sun hits it, it just gets faded and almost smears. Thanks for the help!
silaypalmer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
i use Armoral New, it's a little better the the original formula
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
deerebilt

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan S
i use mequirs interior quik detailer. cleans really well,leaves no residue,no shine or glare,just clean just like it was when new, also restores new car smell. i love it and highly recommend it to anyone who want a clean factory new interior.
deerebilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
nerp

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Meteorite Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerebilt View Post
i use mequirs interior quik detailer. cleans really well,leaves no residue,no shine or glare,just clean just like it was when new, also restores new car smell. i love it and highly recommend it to anyone who want a clean factory new interior.
Noted. I like the way that product sounds. I'll have to pick some up soon since I'm due for my first thorough vaccum and interior cleaning. I don't like the overly glossy wet look that you get with armour all. It's decent on tires and weatherstripping, but I don't want that slick stuff on my dash. :)
nerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
silaypalmer13

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Awesome, thanks for the quick responses, sounds like I gotta new favorite!
silaypalmer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #6
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
I've been using "System One" Easy On, Easy Off! It's a spray wax that doesn't leave a film. It's safe on paint, vinyl, leather, rubber and glass. It doesn't make it wet shiny, but satin shiny.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
The cheapest and easiest way for the NEW look is never use anything on it. Armorall and other products will add films and solvents to the plastics and cloth and will fade, dry out and spot the plastics over time. My father has been restoring cars for years and has intriors from the 50's that look and smell brand new, he's never used anything on them.

Just use a damp clean cloth and wipe down the plastics
For the carpets and seats use a carpet shampoo and soft brush... once its clean treat the upholstry with scotch guagrd

I've had my 10-15 year old cars look like they just rolled off the show room floor by properly cleaning and maintaining it. I've never used any Armorall or anything

When I start out I first vacuum the inside using the brush attachment to pick up any dust or pet hair, dirt and stones. If the rugs and carpet mats are dirty I wash them using carpet shampoo. plastic/rubber mats I use Simple green. I then lint roll to remove any left over pet/people hair from the seat/carpets. After I wash the out side of the car I then wash in the door jams and kick pannels with wet rag. then with a clean damp cloth wipe down the entire interior plastic /vinyl.

07 yaris

99 Xtreme

91 Laser RS
Old 05-09-2009, 03:19 AM   #8
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Turtle Wax Ice Interior care
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Nothing but a pet hair roller for seats and floor mats and a static duster for the dash. Still looks like it did the day I bought it and takes only about a minute out of my day. Tried treating the dash when I first got the car but it just made a big mess. I don't use anything that attracts dust.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Last edited by 1stToyota; 08-05-2009 at 01:27 PM.
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
Snarf77

Drives: 2007 Yaris 3D 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerebilt View Post
I second (or third) this. The Quick Interior Detailer is somewhat more difficult to find, but its a great product. No film, shine or oily mess. Really helps keep the dust off.

My local wal-mart just started carrying it last week, though its been "out" for a few years.
Snarf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
I like using a tack cloth for quick dust touch ups or I use a damp rag if necessary. I dislike anything that leaves a film or shine.

I'd been wondering about the carpets and floor mats though so thanks to those above for the tips.

R2
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:46 AM   #12
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
If you prefer a matte finish rather than the wet and shiny look try Aerospace protectant.

http://headfuel.com/ahottubplace/wp-...protectant.jpg
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote