Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Great Lakes
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
Hopefully a future Yaris owner near Chicago, IL

Hello! I've been researching what kind of car I want for a few months now and I finally decided on the Yaris, at least, from an internet standpoint heh.. I haven't actually sat down in one yet but I've seen them driving around.

I was wondering if anyone near my area is on this forum and could advise me on a good dealer? I am pretty sure I want a new one. I'm in Illinois. I live in Roselle, work in Schaumburg, hang out near Carol Stream.. its all towns about an hour away from Chicago. And if someone says they work/know a good dealer in Chicago.. I will take the hour drive there to check it out.

Also, aside from that, I am wondering if any of you people who know about car modding (the window tinting, painting, etc) live near me too?

I've been driving my dad's old used car since I started driving and never cared what it looked like. Now I am getting excited about getting a new car and have spent hours on this forum looking at all the little things you can do to your cars... wow, I never cared about cars until about a month ago... but now I am really excited about making my car more personal.

I want a black yaris, but every dealer pic online I've seen on them- I don't really find the interior color that nice. Its looks like a bland gray. I would love a dark rich black, do yari even exist with a black interior or can you get it changed?

With regards to other things like tinting and painting- I know I can't figure this stuff out myself, and don't even trust myself to try by myself... I would love to have a car-smart buddy to chat about this stuff with. Even better, someone who knows where I could get stuff done in the Chicago area for a good price, or would do it for me (obviously, I will pay)

I am interested in stuff like legally tinting windows and smoke out lights, I also am considering either car decals or a paint job on the outside just to make it more personal. Also, painting where the radio and console is I would be interested in too. And idk, anything else that I like. There are probably things you can do to a car that I don't even know you can do, so it would be great to know someone who can give me ideas.

Thanks for reading =)
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote