Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
Boost Gets U Laid eh? Count me In

***MOD'S IF THE TITLE IS A ISSUE LET ME KNOW, ILL CHANGE IT PLEASE DONT DELETE***

So ive finally got just about all my turbo together and set up, just waiting for a install date (by the looks of it install date will be the week of the Feb 20th)

so far my kit consists of:

GT2052 turbo
1zz fuel injectors
AEM FIC
PnP Boomslang harness
2.5" exhaust with HighFlow Cat
Front Mount I/C
AEM wide band o2 gauge
Autometer boost gauge
HKS Bov SSQV

*looking for oil pressure gauge
*plan this week to go out and get some new spark plugs (either 6 or 7 heat rating)
*plan for new clutch within a year

watch for FS threads with no longer needed yaris parts
*http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38255

my plan is to keep it around 4-6PSI, i plan to keep all internals stock, stock fuel pump, i do plan to hook up the water line to the turbo also

i am very worried about this install for a few reasons, first it is my DD so i simply cannot afford to be Stuck. this is y i have planned for the install to take place durring the week of the 20th, i have the week off both school and work.

i have read so much and hopefully learned something along the way but i still have a few pre install questions.

since this car wil be my DD i need to do a slow install, so i need to know what i can drive with on my car without killing something. my plan was to install the fuel injectors and spark plugs the weekend before, can the 1znfe engine using the stock ecu drive with the 1zz injectors? also i plan to gap my spark plugs at .032 im assuming this will not be a problem to have.

another issue im not sure about is the oil lines. YES i know i need to tap the block for oil return line, but what about the oil feed line? i havent seen many threads with this discussed. i have recently seen a few people with the sandwich adapter, is this the only way or can i get feed from anywhere?

the vacuum line for the BOV, where does it go?

FITTINGS, is there a special grade of fittings i need to shop for? i dont like shopping for these things online, id like to find them locally, anyone know of some stores to start at for looking for fittings?

something else that has lapsed my mind till now, what is the purpose to wrap the turbo? is this important or not? what is the reason

Last edited by yaris2010RS; 02-05-2012 at 10:25 PM.
yaris2010RS is offline   Reply With Quote