Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #19
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Did you put back on your rubbers for the springs? What was the cost?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #20
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrocket View Post
Did you put back on your rubbers for the springs? What was the cost?
i paid $107 for the entire spring kit plus $20 to ship. They have used sets of springs on there all the time for $80 on FitFreak.net. I think there is a set of Tanabes right now, they are 280 lbs, so not quite as stiff, but they are lower. They may look slightly better, but i really wanted the heavier rate.
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:43 AM   #21
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
Be careful folks, the shocks available for the Yaris can't handle high spring rates. Look for blow-outs unless you spurge for the $700 Tokicos.
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #22
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
yeah, thats why there are These
Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #23
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
Be careful folks, the shocks available for the Yaris can't handle high spring rates. Look for blow-outs unless you spurge for the $700 Tokicos.
or, you can run higher rate dampers. i havent tried it myself yet, but i am going to see if Fit dampers will fit on the yaris. We have two sets of stock suspension sitting at the shop, my old stock suspension and my buddies Fit suspension. they are remarkable very similar. the rear shocks and springs look identical, which is what started us down this path in the 1st place. The rear springs work perfect. The dampers look like they may be the same story. I will get around to fitting them when i am done with my medical rotation here in michigan so we can konw for sure. then, if you run higher rate springs, you can run the higher rate dampers to go alone with it. if not, the rear shock is about as basic a design as you can get so it will be very easy to find a substitute design. if this doesnt work, you can use the xD rear shocks, which will allow for higher rates. 350 lb springs are really not that heavy anyways, especially with all the shock travel we have in the back. when i spoke to the technical team at tokico, they said that the HTS shocks will easily handle spring rates over 500 lbs. at 350, we are not even pushing their limit. if you dont have a ton of cash, you could only upgrade the rears and use blues in the front. or you can use blues all around and use xD rear shocks. someone should check and see that they have different part #'s first rather than assuming they are different. also, using the old shock dyno i posted, you may be able to assertain what the max rear spring rate is by comparing the dampening of the blue and HTS since the dyno plots those two variables along with the stock shock.

anyways, lots of options if your mind is open. beware, more innovation and creative ideas are coming ;)
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #24
JTDBT903

Drives: '08 SEDAN 5 SPD.
Any updates?

Pictures of this set-up would would be even better!
I would like to see the stock Honda Fit spring set-up.
I have a '09 Honda Fit Sport that I want to drop and it would be cool to only have to buy one set of springs!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #25
randode

Drives: Toyotas, Scions, and Cubes
put airbags on the rear in place of springs, and carry as much weight as you want.
randode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #26
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Ummm. Springs are better for racing I believe.... If I'm worng someone please correct me
Old 10-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #27
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by randode View Post
put airbags on the rear in place of springs, and carry as much weight as you want.
show before go. always.

welcome to the world of typical scion owners. didn't you specialize in LED's and cathode tubes for the xB's ?

I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #28
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
show before go. always.

welcome to the world of typical scion owners. didn't you specialize in LED's and cathode tubes for the xB's ?

see link in his signature.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #29
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
see link in his signature.....
ah my boyfriend is here !!!!

thanks capt obvious, i would have never thought to click links in his signature..
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #30
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
the shocks available for the Yaris can't handle high spring rates. Look for blow-outs unless you spurge for the $700 Tokicos.
if you mean the new adjustable HTS "reds", they are less than $600 in my store. Shipped.

Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote