Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2014, 05:37 AM   #1
268i

Drives: 06' Yaris 1.3l
Jack Stands, Floor Jack and Oil Filter?

Hey there, New to Yarisworld forums and Have a few quick questions:

I've started to change my own oil on my car and some other basic maintenance.

1)With my Trolley Jack I usually jack up from the side split welds up until my "Hockey Puck" was sliced in half.... The car is also too low to jack up from the front jacking point so I'm wondering where is the best alternative place to jack up the front without bending my already screwed up Split welds..

2) Location of Jack/Axle stands on yaris? Split welds again shouldn't be the correct location right? Some say the subframe, would that be correct?

3) Oil Filter, this is the one that annoys me the most. A lot of people (and the packaging of the oil filter) say "Hand Tight". However each and every time I go "Hand tight" there seems to be a leak when I start the engine for the first time. I then grab the Oil filter cap tool and tighten the hell out of it and the leak seems to disappear.. Is Hand tight really not tight enough or is the oil that is supposed leaking just the oil that I initially used to lube the gasket with?
(I've done 2 oil changes on 2 different cars and both times this has occurred. However months after tightening the filter with the tool it seems to be fine w/out any leaks)

Looking forward to seeing response.
Thanks. :)
268i is offline   Reply With Quote