Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #19
blueskana

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Oh and welcome back Tek... glad to hear you're enjoying your ride.
blueskana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:48 AM   #20
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??

Drives: 07 YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchbackkid82 View Post
... I decided to keep the Yairs
.. and I was soooo like coming over there and stripping it for spares !
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:25 AM   #21
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
I know a lady who has a Miata, and I've quizzed her on it a few times (I was looking into buying one a few months back). She said she got tired of it very quickly due to the inconvenience of no back seat and so little trunk space. As a weekend car, they rock, but not so hot as daily drivers, from the sounds of it.

That said, the newest generation with the convertible hardtop is freakin' awesome for the price!

~YR
Old 09-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #22
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Drives: Willow is a '07 Red Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmoe View Post
i had mine for 10 months before trading it in. weak power. great gas mileage. take your pick. i wanted the power.

2008 pontiac solstice gxp. the turbo is the freakin shiz. spinnin those rear tires at 3000rpm never felt so good.

i'd def take a look at the pontiac/saturn before going with the miata. my ex-gf bought a miata. felt weak. my solstice would eat it alive.
How many miles to the gallon you getting in your tubo-superfast-powerful new car?

***EDIT***
Nevermind, I looked it up....

MPG mileage EPA estimates

* ECOTEC® 2.4L VVT DOHC (manual): 19/25 (city/highway mpg)
* ECOTEC® 2.4L VVT DOHC (automatic): 19/24 (city/highway mpg)
* Turbo ECOTEC® 2.0L VVT DOHC (manual): 19/28 (city/highway mpg)
* Turbo ECOTEC® 2.0L VVT DOHC (automatic): 19/26 (city/highway mpg)

Old 09-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #23
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmoe View Post
i had mine for 10 months before trading it in. weak power. great gas mileage. take your pick. i wanted the power.

2008 pontiac solstice gxp. the turbo is the freakin shiz. spinnin those rear tires at 3000rpm never felt so good.

i'd def take a look at the pontiac/saturn before going with the miata. my ex-gf bought a miata. felt weak. my solstice would eat it alive.
The GXP is nice (looked REALLY hard at the Solstii), but not worth the $$$$$ (IMO). Fast, yes, but all (indeed, ALL) the critics agree that the Miata is superior in build quality, engine refinement, interior design, and handling. Not knockin' your purchase... I ultimately would have gone with a Solstice (not GXP) over the Miata, just because. Give GM a couple more years to dial it in, and the Miata won't have a prayer.

~YR
Old 09-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #24
fenwayfanatic94
buyin this car next

Drives: mazdampv & jeep liberty
the miata is too small and looks ugly. as a mazda owner, i can confidently say it was the least appealing one of there cars when i was lookin. im sure the miata would be fun to drive, but the yaris is much more functunal. keep the yaris. and if your gonna trade it in anyways, the saturn sky trumps the solstice and miata. and rnt they comin out w/ a g8 at pontiac? wait for that THEN deside. oh and the chrystler crossfire is sweet but costs maybe 45k. if youve got the cash it would be the coolest roadster. still, i say keep the yaris.
fenwayfanatic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #25
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
i love my gxp. consistently getting about 24-26mpg with city/hwy driving combined. heavy foot too.