Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
bieniman

Drives: vitz rs 1500 2001
Unhappy Engine noise and Oil Lamp on

I just got my Vitz RS 2001 1500 AT repainted. So the car was idle for about a month. After it was finished painted, took it home. I noticed the oil lamp warning light coming on when the engine heats up. I checked the oil level and everything is ok. So took for a drive hoping the lamp will go off. It didn't and even worse I hear a noise coming from my engine now when I rev the car.
I immediately shut off the engine, affraid of getting the engine worse, PANIC!!!. The day after I started the engine again and there was no oil lamp on, I left it for a while and again, as the engine warmed up the oil lamp went on and a while after that the noise comes back when the engine is revved.
PLease help.....

I have been thinking of this idea:
Because the car was idle, the carbon and dirt had time to sink and clogged up something (I heard there is a filter in the oil pan, which can get clogged). This causes the low pressure, hence the oil lamp, which in turn causes the noise because something is not getting lubed.

I am not a machanic so I cannot check this myself, still waiting on the (busy)mechanic to diagnose the problem, still I hope something is not severely damaged inside the motor.....

Can somebody suggest anything besides a complete overhaul and giving me instructions on how to do it myself??...Please please please (desperate)
bieniman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, low pressure, noise, oil, oil lamp