Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
generic ebay header

I don't know if I can trust this. Would you? Or should I spend $75 more and buy a megan racing header? Or is the dc better?
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:15 AM   #2
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
I'd spend the extra cash. You either pay 65 once, and probably have to shell out for a better header after it might fail, or shell out more ONCE, and know that it'll be fine for practically ever.
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
rapev-8

Drives: toyota
i never heard header fail before?!
rapev-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
ttr125fan09

Drives: yaris
it could crack or blow out a hole, it happens trust me
ttr125fan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
the DC header looks to be a much better design. if you are going to do it, you might as well do it right the first time. there is a reason stuff is expensive. it isn't just the name.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Besides the part, consider how good or bad the customer service will be if it fails or is defective.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Be Spoken
Banned

Drives: xb
Or better yet why are we supporting the very same people that are killing this industry?

Hince why HKS has left and Blitz!

Why are we supporting this EBAY Crap? why would you build a car with inferrior parts?

I don't understand why todays import guy is building stuff on such a shoe string budget that their willing to sacrafice quality for cost!

It's not like these cars are expensive, in fact their dirt cheap. So you should be able to spend for some decent parts.

Quite feeding the ricer wanna-be. This industry is bad enough with all the Ebay scammers and fraudulant parts that are out their.

And some of you wonder why parts from real manufactures keep going up. This is exactly why.
Be Spoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSIbucky View Post
I don't know if I can trust this. Would you? Or should I spend $75 more and buy a megan racing header? Or is the dc better?
from what ive found, the dc header is the best. i have a ebay header and its great, when i first got it there was a "missed" weld so i took it to my friend who works at a machine shop and he welded the snot out of it for nothing. i noticed a gain with it installed for sure
Old 08-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3door LB
I would stay away from ebay.. Ive seen an ebay header crack about 3 weeks after the install
EPyarisdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #10
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
every person I know who has bought an Ebay header that was not name brand like DC or Weapon R has had failure in a year....cracks,bad fitment,rust,warpage....just spend the extra and get a good one.....
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
johnny_vitz

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Haha...I just swapped out my ebay (HPR?) header for the DC Sport. I'll post a pic later but it had a big crack in the weld half way around it. Just spend the $ the first time on a good one.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #12
xxae07xx
hook em

Drives: black 08 lb
ive had the ebay header for almost 2 years now and i check it constantly for failure. still running strong!
xxae07xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:56 AM   #13
Tylermayer

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
from what ive found, the dc header is the best. i have a ebay header and its great, when i first got it there was a "missed" weld so i took it to my friend who works at a machine shop and he welded the snot out of it for nothing. i noticed a gain with it installed for sure
thats not the one i gave it is?
Old 08-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #14
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
I have at least 40k miles on mine. Had to retorque the bolts a couple times after the install,but thats about it. Ebay exhaust parts(china knock-offs) really aren't that bad. I know plenty of happy customers.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #15
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Every time you buy a cheap eBay product, you make it that much more difficult for me or someone like me to support our community with parts and knowledge.

If you don't care about the contribution vendors make on here, and only shop because of price, I respect your choice, but this needs to be said.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #16
Be Spoken
Banned

Bingo!

If your just that cheap or just that broke, this may not be the hobby for you. Your making the sport cheap as well as making it impossible for real manufactures to even bother making a real part.

Chineese knock-offs should be banned. Your killing what once was a real industry and sub culture.

I hope your eBay parts have catastrophic failure.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #17
Be Spoken
Banned

You eBay shoppers see no value in real parts. Your like the plauge of the industry.

If you like to see companies like HKS disappear keep doing what your doing. And then you won't even have chineese company to copy them to make eBay parts!

Be a part of the real industry not a part of the problem.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #18
xxae07xx
hook em

Drives: black 08 lb
I like how this guy was even able to post that. That's exactly why I don't come here anymore. I hope your mom has catastrophic failure you dbag. I completely understand agree and sympathize with what problems buying knock offs creates. But I can also see where people want to save money while modding. I love my yaris but i know what it is and what it isnt.
xxae07xx is offline   Reply With Quote