Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2007, 02:05 AM   #1
jenarae

Drives: No more Yaris!
Angry Microfiber from hell!!!

OK, so today I went out to Pep Boys to buy a Microfiber glove since my bro got one and said it works very well, so i decided to get one...

I get back in my car with my friend and decide to test it out on my semi-dusty dash. It worked just as planned. As I'm leaning over my friend to put it away in my glove box, my friend notices something weird going on with the clock display thing. I look up and i see this:

WTF!!???!? The display was like bleeding or something!? I was so upset! I couldn't come up with any other explanation other than the micro fiber glove and maybe some sort of static electricity messing with the display. My friend said she heard static when i was wiping away.

As I'm driving away and calling my dealer to see if i can take it in tomorrow morning to get this taken care of i notice that the globs of bleeding are disappearing and it's going back to normal. Eventually the display looks normal again and there are no globs of crystal or whatever that stuff is made of.

I'm so confused! What do you guys think caused this? The microfiber? Static electricity from it? Even though there is the plastic covering to protect the speedometer and what not...

My brother uses the same one and this has not happened to him and the packaging of the glove has no warning of any type. I want to throw out that glove now, but i don't really know if it was the cause or it was just coincidence? A little help guys...