Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
For Sale: 2006-2011 Yaris Intermittent Rear Wiper Modules

A while back I developed a module to give the rear wiper an adjustable intermittent delay (from 2 seconds to 2 minutes). Installing a Prius wiper stalk makes the front adjustable, and provides an unused position for the rear wiper. This module takes advantage of that unused position.

Recently a few people have ordered modules from me and wanted the potentiometer (adjustment knob) to be dash mountable, instead of being part of the module, as it was in my original design. After filling those orders, I built a few extra, which are available for $55 shipped.

Rear Wiper Module.jpg

Installation only requires tapping three wires on the wiper stalk connector, and inserting one pin in the connector. The harness for the potentiometer is long enough to allow installation on the lower left dash (near the dimmer rheostat), on the side of the steering column cover, etc.

Here is the thread which explains which Prius, etc. stalks can be used, and how to install them. They are readily available via ebay for ~$50.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15512
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
white_rice

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris LE
Send a message via MSN to white_rice
Scott I think I asked this awhile back but what about a non-adjustable one that makes the unused portion of the rear wiper speed set to an OEM standard delay. I don't need any adjustment but would like to make that first portion working. Please email me at white_rice@rogers.com if you'd like to discuss.
white_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_rice View Post
Scott I think I asked this awhile back but what about a non-adjustable one that makes the unused portion of the rear wiper speed set to an OEM standard delay. I don't need any adjustment but would like to make that first portion working. Please email me at white_rice@rogers.com if you'd like to discuss.

That would be the equivalent of taking this module and replacing the potentiometer with a fixed value resistor. The rest would remain the same, as you still need detection for the switch being in that position and the drive circuitry. If you would like one that way, I could cut $7 off the price, as I would not need to use the potentiometer or knob.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #4
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
Hi CTScott, I haven't gotten around to installing the rear wiper intermittent switch kit you made me. From what I've read here, is it now possible to wire it to my matrix arm and use its currently unused rear wiper single intermittent setting? Would it be as easy to install as your adjustable speed knob set up?
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Hi CTScott, I haven't gotten around to installing the rear wiper intermittent switch kit you made me. From what I've read here, is it now possible to wire it to my matrix arm and use its currently unused rear wiper single intermittent setting? Would it be as easy to install as your adjustable speed knob set up?
They both install the same. Since you already have one on hand, the easiest way to go fixed is to simply choose the delay setting that you like, and then mount the box under the dash, rather than mounting it where you have access to the knob.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
TDB-1

Drives: 09 3-door 5speed
wiper

Are the rear wiper modules still available?
THANKS
TDB-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDB-1 View Post
Are the rear wiper modules still available?
THANKS
Yes
Old 01-06-2014, 04:46 AM   #8
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
I ordered one but it didn't work. After he jerked me around he finally agreed he'd take care of it. I sent it back and he did nothing for 2 months then said he had no more or he'd send me a replacement. That was on 1-3-14 just one day before he replied to "TDB-1" that he does have them. Don't trust this guy. He's a 2 faced crook. That's what happens when you buy just about anything manufactured in America these days. That's why I bought a Yaris assembled in Japan by Japanese.

When something or someone seems just too good to be true like this fellow then watch out!!! How many more times will I have to learn this lesson? I can only imagine the double talk he'll come up with when he replies to this. I can only imagine.

Last edited by birdman; 01-06-2014 at 05:31 AM.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:28 AM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
I ordered one but it didn't work. After he jerked me around he finally agreed he'd take care of it. I sent it back and he did nothing for 2 months then said he had no more or he'd send me a replacement. That was on 1-3-14 just one day before he replied to "TDB-1" that he does have them. Don't trust this guy. He's a 2 faced crook. That's what happens when you buy just about anything manufactured in America these days. That's why I bought a Yaris assembled in Japan by Japanese.

When something or someone seems just too good to be true like this fellow then watch out!!! How many more times will I have to learn this lesson? I can only imagine the double talk he'll come up with when he replies to this. I can only imagine.
Wow! is all I can say to that. Yes I forgot that you had sent it back to me. After you reminded me on Friday, I disassembled it this weekend and repaired it. The microcontroller had been cooked due to an incorrectly connected wire on installation. All products that I sell I test completely before shipping. Things like this, which have not had a large demand, I build one or two at a time as orders come in.

Based on this and the emails that you sent last night, I am going to simply refund you money, rather than shipping a unit back to you.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #10
07stlYaris
If Its Not Blown It Sucks

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Meteorite
LMAO. It still amazes me that people can't accept personal responsibilty and would rather go on a tirade (Rightious Indignation) thinking that if they scream the loudest they will be perceived as right. CTScott has been a respected member of this forum for quite a long time and is a stand up seller. It appears that since you hooked it up wrong, you might consider an apology. CTScott jerked you around how?? Maybe by enlightening you to the fact that YOU SCREWED UP the install???? You will get no sympathy on this forum. Keep up the good work CTScott.
07stlYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #11
ToyotaBuzz

Drives: 2010 Hatch
Ditto. CTScott is BY-FAR the best guru/seller/fabricator i have ever seen on any forum in over 18 years of being on the internet.

Please do not use this ridiculous review to decide whether you should purchase from him. Just look in the feedback section and check out all of his sales threads.

Birdman is wrong in the face of all the evidence.

Keep up the good work CTScott!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #12
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stlYaris View Post
LMAO. It still amazes me that people can't accept personal responsibilty and would rather go on a tirade (Rightious Indignation) thinking that if they scream the loudest they will be perceived as right. CTScott has been a respected member of this forum for quite a long time and is a stand up seller. It appears that since you hooked it up wrong, you might consider an apology. CTScott jerked you around how?? Maybe by enlightening you to the fact that YOU SCREWED UP the install???? You will get no sympathy on this forum. Keep up the good work CTScott.
I appreciate the vote of confidence.

To be fair, I understand his concern and do accept responsibility in this.

He was patient in not complaining sooner that he had not received the repaired unit back (and I am definitely to blame in totally forgetting that I had received it almost two months ago). I did choose to return his payment, rather than sending back the repaired unit. I make very little, if any profit off products like this, and in this case, I thought it best to simply walk away.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #13
JustPassinThru

Drives: No more Yaris
How about a Gen3?

Would this work on a 2012 Yaris?

I don't need an adjustable switch handy - just a selector of continuous or delay would do. Dash switch between the two, or even under dash, would be fine. Could this be wired right in to the present wiper circuitry?

If it were a choice between having just continuous or just intermittent, I'd pick just intermittent. I'd rather not get into sticking Prius wiper controls in, and other customization. I'd just like an intermittent wiper back there.
JustPassinThru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #14
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Would this work on a 2012 Yaris?

I don't need an adjustable switch handy - just a selector of continuous or delay would do. Dash switch between the two, or even under dash, would be fine. Could this be wired right in to the present wiper circuitry?

If it were a choice between having just continuous or just intermittent, I'd pick just intermittent. I'd rather not get into sticking Prius wiper controls in, and other customization. I'd just like an intermittent wiper back there.
Let me do some research on that.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:55 PM   #15
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
I can vouch for Scott. He took a ferry down from CT to do a rear seat swap with me at HIS own expense. Then he made a template and drilled two seatbelt anchor holes and they lined up perfectly with the cap nuts welded below the floor. I wouldn't have even attempted this!
Then we swapped rear seats and he was on his way back to the ferry to CT.
It's thanks to him I was able to have Katzkin leather in the back of my car..
Having met him I can tell you he's not a creepy lowlife but a standup guy��

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #16
BobTheYaris

Drives: '08 Yaris HB 2 dr
Could this be used with the stock Yaris switch? And make the one position variable

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
BobTheYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #17
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYaris View Post
Could this be used with the stock Yaris switch? And make the one position variable

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Yes. It could be used that way.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:38 AM   #18
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaBuzz View Post
Ditto. CTScott is BY-FAR the best guru/seller/fabricator i have ever seen on any forum in over 18 years of being on the internet.

Please do not use this ridiculous review to decide whether you should purchase from him. Just look in the feedback section and check out all of his sales threads.

Birdman is wrong in the face of all the evidence.

Keep up the good work CTScott!
^^^^^ This. Ditto post #10.....plus one item isn't going to change any other opinions. CTScott has built up so much good karma here (and I imagine in each facet of his life) that he couldn't use it up (even if he tried to) in one lifetime.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote