Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #19
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
If all you want is an axleback, you might as well Justin get a muffler welded on your stock axleback
Old 11-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #20
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Again going custom is prolly cheaper and more effective.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #21
4/20 NEVER FORGET

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB MT
I went the with the OBX full exhaust and had it cut and installed right after the resonator. The muffler it comes with is garbage (loud as shit) and the fitment is not great, some cutting/rewelding had to done as the entire exhaust hung a little low.

I wish I would have just went with a custom crush-bend 2.25", resonator-back to a magnaflow muffler. I ended up ditching the OBX muffler because it was too loud and putting a magnaflow on. In total I have a decent amount of money wrapped up in the exhaust now.
4/20 NEVER FORGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #22
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
I ended up getting a mandrel bent 2" kit from the resonator back. It is just a fiberglass straight through muffler but it sounds good. I painted it flat black (barbecue paint) just out of preference.

Here is the thread I started on mine. http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41930

There was some welding involved but the results were worth it. The guy that put my kit together was trying to become a sponsored vendor and I think he changed his user name. It used to be malbuguy but not sure now. He did me right and charged a very reasonable price. I will say that I didn't go stainless.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #23
TrYaris

Drives: Racin' yaris :D
Another question guys... If I buy the exhaust this week, can I install it for the winter or wait till summer just for sure
TrYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #24
catliektheif

Drives: 2010 5 Door
if you buy the axle back you should be able to put it on no problem if it comes with a hanger. its two bolts! Jerkratt (and kind of me) put mine on before we went in to import alliance in like 10 mins. the longest part was finding a jack point hehe
Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #25
TrYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by catliektheif View Post
if you buy the axle back you should be able to put it on no problem if it comes with a hanger. its two bolts!
Yes but with all the snow and water do I risk to have some rust faster then if I keep it for this summer?!

P.S: What you guys think about this one ? http://www.tunersdepot.com/Performan...ack-62185.html

Last edited by TrYaris; 11-14-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #26
JohninVT

Drives: 2008 liftback
The Megan axleback is stainless steel. It will hold up to salt and snow better than a mild steel exhaust you fab up or buy online. I bought the Megan from Garm a few weeks ago and I am very impressed with the value it represents. It sounds great(pretty quiet actually), it looks good and I noticed a little bump in performance.

Plus, Garm and Jeff are good guys.
JohninVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #27
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
most aftermarket axlebacks are stainless, as johninVT said, they won't rust. i had my megan on for 2 years/2 winters and it was still in awesome shape when i took it off
Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #28
TrYaris

Ok then i'll buy one this week :) Still don't know witch take :( Tanabe Medalion Concept G axelback looks reaaallly good, the MeganRacing too... Do you know a online shop who don't charge 100$ for the shipping to canada ?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #29
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
My trd I got used from somone in NY for over a year I think and it looks way shiny still!

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #30
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
uh... yes? Me. Approx. $60 to your location. Happy to ship internationally, exhausts are usually in good stock on our shelves.

mcroimg@gmail.com
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #31
TrYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
uh... yes? Me. Approx. $60 to your location. Happy to ship internationally, exhausts are usually in good stock on our shelves.

mcroimg@gmail.com
What is your best exhaust system for an Yaris 2008 HB 5drs ? ^^
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #32
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Medalion Touring (Tanabe) is my personal favorite. Megan sounds really good and is a lower price. Concept G has a different tip than the Medalion Touring and is a little louder.

Megan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Y_MCE7_tE

Medalion Touring:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROeri4U66ic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsXfN...feature=relmfu

Concept G:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeXTWGL8nmg
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #33
TrYaris

I will go with the megan ^^ I'm surfing around trying to find the lowest shipping price ... Thx cali :)
Old 11-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #34
TrYaris

I'm lost !! My friend tell me to buy an 2" exhaust not higher if I want to buy and 4-1 dc sports headers... The megan racing is 2 3/8" and he said that if I install it + the dc sports header i'll loose power, etc...
Old 11-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #35
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrYaris View Post
I'm lost !! My friend tell me to buy an 2" exhaust not higher if I want to buy and 4-1 dc sports headers... The megan racing is 2 3/8" and he said that if I install it + the dc sports header i'll loose power, etc...
Don't listen to you're friends. Ideally you want a 2" header but you're left in a compromised situation so pick whatever one fits you're budget better...in reality there is only a few % difference in performance so it won't matter all that much.

There is only so much gain that can be had in the confines of the stock header so it won't be much of an issue.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #36
TrYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post
Don't listen to your friends. Ideally you want a 2" header but you're left in a compromised situation so pick whatever one fits you're budget better...in reality there is only a few % difference in performance so it won't matter all that much.

There is only so much gain that can be had in the confines of the stock header so it won't be much of an issue.
Ok so if I put the 2 3/8" Megan Racing exhaust with a 4-1 ceramic DCsports headers it will be allright ?