Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
C-max
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris T1
Installing alarm

good day

I bought alarm system that i have installed in my 2007 Yaris. What i wanted from this was to be able to lock and unlock the doors using the remote, it has a lock/unlock button between the driver and passenger seat just next to the handbrake lever. i managed to tap into the switch wires, it locks and unlocks using the remote but now the switch no longer works and i like to lock my doors wen am driving. now it requires me to arm the alarm to be able to lock the doors and since i will be inside driving the alarm will go off and i also taped in to the driver door switch wire to set the alarm off but the passenger door doesn't set the alarm off . Now my head lamp indicator on the dashboard not working and also when I open door with the lamps on there is no buzzing sound. I need to no where to tap wires to get my indicators flashing when arming or disarming the alarm. pleeeeaaase hlp am scared to tap any more wires
C-max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
UberSilver

Drives: 08Yaris2D, 88LandCruiser.
Most alarms can be programed to lock the doors when you put it in drive, or turn on the engine. Or you can figure out what you did wrong. There may be a better way, like tapping into the main harness/fuse block.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
See my remote start and keyless entry wiring guide for door lock and light flash connection points. Make sure that the wires match in color and location before using them, as your European made Yaris may have some differences:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860

Tags
# diy alarm