Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
mekman

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Yaris Horn Problem

Hello - my horn on my 2008 Yaris hasn't been working for the past month or so. At one point a few months ago, the horn would randomly go off and I'd have to hit/jolt it to make it stop. Now, the horn isn't working at all.

I checked the fuse, and it was blown, so I replaced it with the spare. The spare didn't work either - so I removed it, and saw that now the spare fuse was also blown. I replaced it again with another good fuse, tested the horn (no luck), and then noticed the third fuse had now also blown.

The fuse does not blow until I hit the horn. Any ideas on what may be causing this? I've read some suggestions, and I keep seeing the horn relay mentioned, but I haven't been able to find any good information on where the horn relay would be for this. I read it's supposed to be right under the horn fuse, but there doesn't seem to be a relay there.

I've attached a pic of the fuse box. The horn fuse is the slot at the top with no fuse attached.

Any help is much appreciated.

mekman is offline   Reply With Quote