Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
November 2009 - DFW Yaris Yak

Howdy folks,

Wow! Is it November already? It must be because the guy across the street from me is following Wal-Mart's example and already decorating for Christmas and New Year's. Maybe we should all get together and decorate our cars for the holidays. Hm? Reindeer antlers and a big red nose? Icicle lights? Frosted windows, a corn cob pipe and 2 eyes made out of coal anyone?

While you all discuss the pitiful nature of my humor I'll lay out some possible events and adventures that we can consider for a meet this month.

As usual, if anyone has any suggestions on when and where we can all get together for a meet and greet, please feel free to suggest it. Just because I don't post something in this thread doesn't mean it's not an option.

November 1st - Passed

November 2nd - Passed - In the immortal words of Billy Mays, "But wait, there's more!"
I just found a posting on dfwlx.com for a "rice killer mega meet" that was originally scheduled for October 26 and it was rained out. The make-up day was November 2. The post on dfwlx.com mentions 'ricekiller.com' but you have to register to get access to that site. I'll do this later but I'm going to see if they have anything going this month.

November 7th - Passed
November 8th - Passed

November 11th - Veteran's Day (passed) - F-35 LOCKHEED MARTIN CAR SHOW & PICNIC 11/14

** NOTE ** I drove past a car meet last night that was in a parking lot on the N.E. corner of Central Expwy (75) and Spring Creek Pkwy. It looked like an impromptu meet with lots of young kids and all kinds of hopped up rice power and detroit iron. I saw a cop rolling through but he wasn't doing anything except looking but I didn't talk to anyone there and didn't see any official signs or anything. If anyone knows who/what this meet might be, please post some info.

November 14th - Empty
November 15th - Empty

November 21st - Turkey Show - November 21 from 1 – 4 pm, Albertsons, 6700 W. Freeway. From I-30 take the Green Oaks exit. Don’t miss this show and the 45+ awards including BEST OF SHOW, BEST OF SHOW TRUCK, UNDER CONST, SPECIAL INTEREST & CYCLE. Free to the public, $10.00 OR an unwrapped toy(s) with a retail value of $10.00 or more to register, open class, everyone is welcome. Drive it, drag it, push it, tow it or shove it we will register you if you can get it to the show.

November 22nd - Twin Peaks Car Show - November 22 (Sunday), 2:00-5:00. 1700 W Airport Freeway, exit Brown Trail, go straight across Brown Trail, on service road on the top of the hill. 40+ Awards including BEST OF SHOW CAR & TRUCK, TWIN PEAKS CHOICE, UNDER CONSTRUCTION, SPECIAL INTEREST & CYCLE. Free to the public, $10.00 to register, open class, everyone is welcome. Drive it, drag it, push it, tow it or shove it we will register you if you can get it to the show.

Also on November 22nd - DFW AutoX 11/22/09 NTAXS Last auto-x of the season by the local S2000 club at Pennington Field. Per Ozmdd...
...this is one of the least-restrictive clubs for classing, so you have no excuse for not running if you've been turned-off by SCCA classing in the past. Any vehicle inder 2.3 liters is in class "1". If you have R-comps, you are in class "1R". Forced induction is a 1.5X multiplier, so a Yaris with a s/c is still in class 1 (Frownonfun)!!!!!

...Also, if you've run autocross events in DFw over the years, you've probably heard of autocrosspictures.net. Dennis Rothermich is the guy behind that,a nd he's been providing free pictures and other autoX support to clubs for years. Unfortunately, he's been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and this event is serving as a fundraiser to help offset his medical bills. If that's not a great reason to come out and enjoy one last DFW event this year, then you're not having enough fun!

November 26th - Thanksgiving Day - I'm not doing anything on this day except stuffing my face with turkey and stove top stuffing so don't nobody go thinking that ima gonna drag my rear end anywhere else.

November 28th - WALDEN FARM & RANCH SUPPLY CAR SHOW - November 28, 12:00-4:00, join us at 196 Garrett Morris Parkway, Mineral Wells, Texas 76067 from join us as we start "RINGING IN CHRISTMAS". We will spinning Christmas music & oldies rock ’n roll. Free to the public, $10.00 OR an unwrapped toy(s) with a retail value of $10.00 or more to register, open class, everyone is welcome. Drive it, drag it, push it, tow it or shove it we will register you if you can get it to the show.

Also on November 28th - DFW Cars and Coffee

November 29th - Empty

Again, please feel free to make suggestions about other meets or events that you'd be interested in attending.

I'll be posting this for the Oklahoma crowd as well. It would be great to meet them and maybe get something started with them as well.

Take care and be safe everyone,

S.R.

Last edited by SaerinRhoe; 11-17-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added NTAXS for 11/22
SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Hey Mike @ NST,

Anything happening this month that we can include on the list of suggestions?

Thanks,

S.R.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Howdy folks,

Here's a suggestion for something that we could all do as a group that might be fun. I know it might sound a little corny but how about going to a drive-in movie as a group? The Galaxy Drive-In Theater is located just north of Ennis and I've been curious to check the place out.

Their website says: Tickets are $6 for adults, $2 for children 5 to 11, and free for children younger than 5 and that's not very expensive at all but I realize that 'you get what you pay for'.

So, anyone interested?

S.R.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
That is a great idea Jeff!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 02:06 AM   #5
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaerinRhoe View Post
Hey Mike @ NST,

Anything happening this month that we can include on the list of suggestions?

Thanks,

S.R.
Yes sir! And thank you for asking!!!

Right here... http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...&highlight=nst

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Twin Peaks Show anyone?
Old 11-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Added a post to the Nov 22 dates, check it out.

S.R.