Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #19
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatogrower View Post
I will check again, however, I have one of those fuse checkers with the illumination lights; the light on the fuse checker would turn on if the fuse is working ok, and it did that. Hopefully it isn't the T-LP relay; that would suck
Also, if you haven't done so already, disconnect that red wire from the OEM wiring to make sure that it is not just a case where something failed within the switch, preventing the T-LP relay from activating.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
Tomatogrower
The Flying Tomato

Drives: 2009 Red Yaris Hatchback
Sorry for the uber delay; I moved across the country for a new job and haven't been able to really work on my Yaris since.

I had another set of eyes look at it, and the relay that came with the kit failed. Lesson learned on my end...lol... I guess I must have been looking at the wrong fuse or something before because the Tail fuse did blow out.

Tomatogrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #21
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Did you get any documentation with the kit?

Although these kits are labeled as being for the Yaris, they really are not by any means designed for them, so the wire colors mean nothing unless there is some documentation on the purpose of the wires. I have seen a few different variations of these kits with different color wires.

Also, these cheap kits are notorious for relay failures that result in melting of the relay housing and connector. I highly recommend rewiring the kit to use the OEM fog light wiring and relay, as the Micro Image kit does. The document below explains the process:

http://www.microimageonline.com/down...h%20Wiring.pdf

I already have an e-bay type kit and re-wiring the OEM style might not be the best option for me. Other than the cheapo relay, my kit looks OK.

Would it make sense to change the relay into smth more reliable? Are there quality aftermarket relay brands?

A bunch of stuff is available around// like this for example.. says OE grade

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

Thanks
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #22
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLMACH View Post
I already have an e-bay type kit and re-wiring the OEM style might not be the best option for me. Other than the cheapo relay, my kit looks OK.

Would it make sense to change the relay into smth more reliable? Are there quality aftermarket relay brands?

A bunch of stuff is available around// like this for example.. says OE grade

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

Thanks
That relay would be fine. Pretty much any relay would be better than the cheapo ones included with those kits.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #23
ucsmfu

Drives: yaris le
Quote:
Did you get any documentation with the kit?

Although these kits are labeled as being for the Yaris, they really are not by any means designed for them, so the wire colors mean nothing unless there is some documentation on the purpose of the wires. I have seen a few different variations of these kits with different color wires.

Also, these cheap kits are notorious for relay failures that result in melting of the relay housing and connector. I highly recommend rewiring the kit to use the OEM fog light wiring and relay, as the Micro Image kit does. The document below explains the process:

http://www.microimageonline.com/down...h%20Wiring.pdf
Hey, just wondering if you know how to install the 2012 Yaris LE fog lights (Canadian model)

thanks
ucsmfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #24
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsmfu View Post
Hey, just wondering if you know how to install the 2012 Yaris LE fog lights (Canadian model)

thanks
If you do some searching, there is actually a thread on that on here.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #25
ucsmfu

Drives: yaris le
Quote:
If you do some searching, there is actually a thread on that on here.
Thanks, will look more into it :)
ucsmfu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diy, fog lights, installation, wires