Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #73
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
Sick video BTW.....
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #74
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPIracing View Post
Using the Calc linked below with the inputted weight and 210whp (same 15% calc as above) for hp you will see it estimates a high 12's 1/4. This would be hard to achieve on stock open diff but mid 13's are a real possibility.

We are all on the same team here there should be no lying on the part of anyone. I agree video is needed in cases such as these.

-Kenny
I dont think anyone is lying, just getting a little imaginative.

A ws6 is a high 12 second car stock if it is driven well. As we all know, anything can happen in a street race, so no one really knows.

I'm sure the Yaris is fast, but I'll believe just how fast when there are some timeslips. Im sure if it is driven to high 12s there are going to be drivetrain issues that go along with running slicks. We will all just have to see. It is a cool setup nonetheless.

Ashley
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #75
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
i'am confused........ the Yaris 1.5 T has how much HP and how much WHP... because it aint the same
Old 03-06-2007, 03:02 AM   #76
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Not hating...everything being what it is, I see a bit of fudging on the story as well. And WHY now are we now at 210 WHP for the Yaris when I was reading a 180 WHP from the start? Someone is trying to add some HP here! Where are those charts that were said we could see?

I've adjusted the Yaris' weight to 2293 and 180 WHP...you're STILL at 12.738 lbs/ HP!!!!

From several sources, I'm seeing the weight of the SRT-4 at 2880 and a stage 2 WITHOUT turbo toys is 265 WHP...is 10.867 lbs/ HP. That puts it at less than the stock WS6, when the turbo toys is factored in at 10 HP more you're at 10.47 lbs/ HP.

Now, with that being said, the STOCK SRT dynoed at 220 WHP...which it does baseline at...I have my first dyno sheet, you're looking at 12.09 lbs/ HP. I can definately believe the S/C Yaris beating a stock SRT...at least until 4th gear when the Yaris' ECU tops itself out. Is the 115 or 120 mph the stock limit? That's when the stock SRT would pull away.

THOSE #'s are no lie. I'm being as transparent as I can. I'm ABSOLUTELY sure that the S/C Yaris is a blast.

These #'s are solid. If the SRT driver did indeed miss 2nd gear, I can see the Yaris catching up and then pulling almost evenly until 4th gear...possibly.

Regardless...I say get that engine built up correctly on the bottom end, follow it up with an upgraded drive train and you can probably get a 250 WHP daily driver. THAT idea is fun to me.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:20 AM   #77
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
A stage 2 SRT4 will BLOW THE DOORS OFF A 180WHP YARIS!!! You guys have got to be kidding me right? A stage 2 SRT4 traps a solid 106-108, a stock Yaris traps like 80, you telling me a small turbo kit adds almost THIRTY MILES PER HOUR TO THE TRAP?!@?

Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #78
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I'm trying to justify the claim that our fellow member beat a stage 2 with some known performance numbers. The power to weight numbers just don't match up.

What I'd like to know is, if indeed the SRT owner missed second gear the first time, why didn't you two "friends" go at it again? I would love to entertain a friend who just put on a pretty kick a$$ mod. Like I said before, second gear IS LIFE for the SRT below a stage 3.

I sure as hell would have called my friends to bring the video cameras for 1.5 Liter 180 hp Yaris blast. That's not even a question. Although we break out the camera at every track day anyway, so it's nothing big.

Hell, I honestly don't care THAT much because I'm NEVER going to break into the engine of my daily driver.

Last edited by sqcomp; 03-06-2007 at 11:05 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #79
ZPIracing

Drives: Scions
210 was my guesstimate at hp not whp. 182x15% drivetrain loss. To be honest I have no idea who won or who would win. I am not a bench racer. I can tell you a stock f-body is not the fast so that is very likely. SRT-4 is pretty fast with a turbo upgrade.

Either way this is retarded. The car is making good power is getting 4-5mpg better mileage and is at least hanging with cars it never should.

That is what is important.
ZPIracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #80
365Motorwerks

Drives: Small and Black
Just watched the video clips and I'm impressed that's no commuter car anymore
Now to subscribe to the thread for the updates..release the kit already
365Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #81
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

ZPI...you're absolutely correct.

That is THE point to what you're producing.

(I'm NOT being sarchastic either) I think it's pretty cool regardless of who beats who. Good sales to you! Make it happen.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #82
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Either way this is retarded. The car is making good power is getting 4-5mpg better mileage and is at least hanging with cars it never should.

Agreed.
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #83
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
Quote:
210 was my guesstimate at hp not whp. 182x15% drivetrain loss. To be honest I have no idea who won or who would win. I am not a bench racer. I can tell you a stock f-body is not the fast so that is very likely. SRT-4 is pretty fast with a turbo upgrade.

IM ALWAYS TRYING TO SAY THAT THE YARIS WILL WIN BECAUSE OF THE CLOSE RATIO TRANNY IT HAS!!! IT ONLY GOES UP TO 121MPH WHICH IS ALWAYS FASTER ON THE 0-60 & 60-100, I'll always place my BET on the Yarii!

F*CK THAT SRT-4 CRAP!

BTW CAN I PLEASE SEE A VIDEO OF A YARIS BEATING THE HELL OUT OF THE SRT-4 STAGE 2 ???

BUT YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE IT....
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #84
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Yeah, I'm sure they are going to waste valuable time racing the car with others, when the rest of us just want them to perfect the system/get it on the market for us.

Race on your own after you have it.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #85
ROCKLANDTOYOTA
JOE GIRTH

Drives: YARIS 3DOOR
ROADRUNNER, is your yaris an auto????
Old 03-07-2007, 01:03 AM   #86
nester
I made a post!

Drives: 2006 Scion tC-t
Send a message via AIM to nester
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisPR View Post
i'am confused........ the Yaris 1.5 T has how much HP and how much WHP... because it aint the same
184 Wheel Horsepower

Not sure about the stock wheel hp.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:23 AM   #87
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester View Post
184 Wheel Horsepower

Not sure about the stock wheel hp.
Stock crank horsepower is 106-109 depending on the country/measurement. (SAE corrected, PS, confusing stuff)

Stock wheel horsepower is between 70-80 based on the various dyno sheets posted here.

In other words, doubling that with a relatively low-risk low boost turbo is excellent bang for the buck.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #88
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Rockland,

*DeNiro* ...You talkin' to me?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #89
Snake

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Snake
lol u guys have obviously never driven an srt-4
oh yeah by the way a stage 2 srt runs a high 12 second mile (seen it with my own eyes) , good luck catching it with 180whp even at 2000 lbs

i own both cars, and I know what im talking about thanks
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #90
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Thank you snake. They don't believe you. I do since I've owned one and I'm still in the SRT mix with my good friend's SRT. Lots of tourqe off the stage 2, often a good bit more than 330 ft lbs and 275 Hp. The power to weight numbers favor the stage 2 heavily. I'd think it'd be a good way to make $50 on a run at the track...especially when they'll claim a 12 second run off stock bagel sized tires. Mmmm'kay.