Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #1
Siray_14

Drives: 14 yaris
Power outlet fuse keeps popping?

Recently I bought a dash cam, and a dual USB input to use it and my phone charger. The fuse popped once, replaced it and its been fine, til this morning. Last night I bought a double power outlet converter because my company now requires us to use a lit sign on top of our car, and I plugged it in and put my dual USB input in it and it worked fine last night, and this morning the fuse instantly blew when I started the car. And I havent even used the sign yet lol. What can I do? I tried running the dash cam off the glove box usb input but all it allows me to do is use the cam for mass storage. Help?
Siray_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:54 PM   #2
knobby bobby

Drives: 2015 Yaris Coupe
If you don't want to keep blowing fuses run a hot lead direct from battery. You will have one wire coming off positive battery terminal with a in line blade fuse 20Amp fuse. Send that line to inside of car to a toggle switch with 3 contacts. All your positive lines go to one contact of toggle switch. The other contacts of toggle switch is for your hot lead off battery. The 3rd contact on toggle switch is to run a wire to a ground. Don't buy a cheap switch. Get one at NAPA or auto parts store.

Just leave a note for yourself to shut toggle switch off before leaving the car or you will drain your battery down. I am trying to find a place in my firewall to snake a hot lead through on my 2015 Yaris but they got it sealed up real good so I might have to go under the car and through the floor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Toggle Switch.jpg (90.8 KB, 20 views)
knobby bobby is offline   Reply With Quote