Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
golferagw

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Question Golf clubs - non 60/40 seat?

Any creative solutions on putting golf clubs in the liftback? I have a non-split rear seat with a car seat for my son in the back.

Thanks!
golferagw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
passenger seat

rear seat, opposite of car seat, scoot the front seat up and place em on the floor (or seat if they'll fit) and buckle em up :)
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
bugnuts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback BBP
Roof rack, If you would be doing it quite often.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
roof rack wouldnt be a bad idea, woudl just need something to wrap around the bag, a bag for your bag?
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:04 AM   #5
Yaris TTE JWRC

Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Upgrade to 60/40 split seat by getting the seat from TOYOTA parts department.
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
Upgrade to 60/40 split seat by getting the seat from TOYOTA parts department.
See, now thats something I'd wanna do! I want the bloody 60/40 FLAT folding rear seats. They even have cooler head-rests too!!

I wonder what that would run, and if it's even possible. I have a wierd feeling if I asked such question at my dealership they may chuckle and tell me I cant?

Maybe I'll bring it up when I take my car in for its next oil/filter change this or next week.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
Snappy

Drives: 2 Yaris Hatchbacks
I actually went to a local dealer and had him show me the parts schematic. We just looked at the smaller (40%) passenger segment. All parts only sold separately. Back and bottom alone was like 400, the much more complicated attachment brackets were over 100 each, (about 4 required for this side alone.) Each headrest, each plastic insert pocket that the headrest slides into, everything would have to be purchased separately. Did not look at the 60% section, but assume it requires more brackets. The dealer offered to make a deal, but I felt that it would be over the 1000 dollar limit I had set for myself. There were about 7 times more parts for the 60/40 seat assembly, I estimate.

Same thing as when I called a canadian dealer about getting a RS (leather) wheel, figured the airbag would swap over no problem. Dealer said the wheel assembly was 1000 (CND.) Yikes!
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
St_G

Drives: Black 2007 Yaris Liftback 1.5
My 60/40s don't really fold all that flat...is there a superduper 60/40 option that does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar View Post
See, now thats something I'd wanna do! I want the bloody 60/40 FLAT folding rear seats. They even have cooler head-rests too!!
St_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #9
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by St_G View Post
My 60/40s don't really fold all that flat...is there a superduper 60/40 option that does?
I didn't think mine were going to fold flat either at first. Just kinda jump a bit on them & make sure all the overlays are laying properly. It does get FLAT!
Typer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #10
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typer73 View Post
I didn't think mine were going to fold flat either at first. Just kinda jump a bit on them & make sure all the overlays are laying properly. It does get FLAT!

Good to know!!

I wish I had thousands of dollars disposable... I'd upgrade to the 60/40 seats FOR SURE!!
Old 02-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #11
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Hey, I dont really understand why you dont just lay your seat down, and if its because you need to put somebody back there then I guess this method woudnt work for 3 people. However, i would think you could devise something like the camera mount in this forum

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...t=CAMERA+MOUNT

I belive he has a DIY just modify it a bit. I would think you could remove the left side rear headrest, run something up from the floor (though im not sure how you would make it stable im sure there is a pretty easy way to manage it. Attach it to the "camera mount" bracket and then run it up to the passenger head rest and attach it on there. I dont know much about the dimensions there, or the dimensions of your, but i would think you could put a thin board down make some sides for it, open your trunk and slide clubs in on it. would take a little bit of work, but really shouldnt be too hard if they could fit in that space. Only, make your passangers sign a waiver so that if they get their head chopped off in an accident you wont get in any trouble.

I dont know if that made any sense but its probably what i would do if i wasnt laying my seat flat.

Also, if those other guys with the 60/40 have read this far, make sure your seat is slid all the way back before you lay it down, i have sometimes had problems with getting it flat if its just a little bit forward.
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #12
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGYaris View Post
Hey, I dont really understand why you dont just lay your seat down, and if its because you need to put somebody back there then I guess this method woudnt work for 3 people. H
He has a baby seat back there I think he said... didnt wanna always be pained and bothered to perpetually move it?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:34 AM   #13
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
ah well, i think something is going to have to be moved...but your right, i hadnt read his first post for a while, forgot why

I say makes something you can fold up, unfold and hook onto the headrest, with sides so the clubs wont fall out. Then you can keep it in the truck, unfold it, slide it in. Take alot of work, but i bet it would be fun to make...and better than unloading a baby seat in a 3door
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:43 PM   #14
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I was loving my bench seat, until the other day, I couldn't get a box into the hatch cause the seats didn't fold flat. The box (which was square in dimension) easily fit through the hatch door but once half way in, the hump/hinge for the rear seat bench put a stop to everything. After that episode, I was really considering selling the Yaris and getting the Fit for the better cargo height, but then I got over it.. It's lucky for Toyota that the Yaris is such a nice driver's car, otherwise, I'd now be posting at the Fit forum.

It's good to know that the fold flat in the RS model really does work...If it does, Toyota should make it standard, even though the bench is very comfortable, The fact that it'll block-out an object that actually made it through the rear door, seems like a defect.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote