Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #55
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
Charles,
With all do respect....why waste your time learning about nitrous? First off, it's clear that you are clueless in regards to its usage. This is no big deal....you should remain clueless because nitrous can do nothing good for you. It will only degrade and harm your motor and never serve any "positive" purpose. My entire point by entering the thread was to get you to think about what you are embarking on. Think about it....you are talking about introducing NOS into a friggin Yaris (100 HP commuter car). Charles...just think about what you are saying! Do you really want to invest your time into learning all there is to know about NOS when you yourself commented that you'd likely probably never even use it? Why bother then? Seriously....???? The bottom line with NOS is it's totally ridiculous for a street car that you want to last. If you tear down a motor every year and rebuild, well - maybe not so much of a big deal. So common man...be honest with yourself - aren't there so many other areas to put your energy?

Wow, guess you would have never survived the industrial age of invention if a clue fell out of the sky, sat on your face and started to wiggle To quote School House Rock, "Knowledge is Power". Holy crap, I learned something in the 70's
Old 12-31-2008, 02:49 PM   #56
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
The Civic is commuter car too... and there is a butt load of people using nitrous, turbos and superchargers for them. What is your point? to each his own, if that's what makes him happy

Quote:
Charles,
With all do respect....why waste your time learning about nitrous? First off, it's clear that you are clueless in regards to its usage. This is no big deal....you should remain clueless because nitrous can do nothing good for you. It will only degrade and harm your motor and never serve any "positive" purpose. My entire point by entering the thread was to get you to think about what you are embarking on. Think about it....you are talking about introducing NOS into a friggin Yaris (100 HP commuter car). Charles...just think about what you are saying! Do you really want to invest your time into learning all there is to know about NOS when you yourself commented that you'd likely probably never even use it? Why bother then? Seriously....???? The bottom line with NOS is it's totally ridiculous for a street car that you want to last. If you tear down a motor every year and rebuild, well - maybe not so much of a big deal. So common man...be honest with yourself - aren't there so many other areas to put your energy?
Old 12-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #57
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
save NOS for the racecars....that's who should use it. There is a LOT to learn about NOS and how to use it and it's not just about NOS itself...it's the system as a whole and there are so many scientific variables. NOS is affected by IAT, humidity etc., it's affect on air density, flow rates, reversion etc. There are so many variables and even then there is no guarantee that the thing will go off right. Yes, to each his own but that doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion on it, does it? Or wait....apparently it does.

Kcalb,
That's the problem...you think that "Knowledge is power." Well....that is correct to an extent but when people believe everything they read on the internet and consider that knowledge....well, look who the clueless one is. Experience is power.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:11 PM   #58
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
save NOS for the racecars....that's who should use it. There is a LOT to learn about NOS and how to use it and it's not just about NOS itself...it's the system as a whole and there are so many scientific variables. NOS is affected by IAT, humidity etc., it's affect on air density, flow rates, reversion etc. There are so many variables and even then there is no guarantee that the thing will go off right. Yes, to each his own but that doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion on it, does it? Or wait....apparently it does.

Kcalb,
That's the problem...you think that "Knowledge is power." Well....that is correct to an extent but when people believe everything they read on the internet and consider that knowledge....well, look who the clueless one is. Experience is power.

He has received good information by experienced people in the field. Charles is one of the younger poeple on this forum that actually do their homework when it comes to exploring ideas, politics, careers and the list goes on. He asked for information and he received many good answers.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:19 PM   #59
Chupacabra
Banned

many good answers? That's your opinion, correct? Some good answers...none that tell him a thing in regards to the actual set up and usage of NOS. At this stage, I am willing to stop trying to talk some sense into the guy. As was said before...to each his own and as long as he truly does his homework.....there is no way he'll hook up NOS. Not if he is as reasonable as you state...
Old 12-31-2008, 04:30 PM   #60
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
many good answers? That's your opinion, correct? Some good answers...none that tell him a thing in regards to the actual set up and usage of NOS. At this stage, I am willing to stop trying to talk some sense into the guy. As was said before...to each his own and as long as he truly does his homework.....there is no way he'll hook up NOS. Not if he is as reasonable as you state...
not very productive to go into his pro-nitrous thread and tell him he's stupid for using nitrous on a commuter car. pretty sure the point of the thread is to inform people about how to hook up nitrous and set it up properly, etc. you slaggin him for thinking about it just sh!tting on his thread so you can look cool in front of all the other yarisworld.com people. if youre THAT concerned about people using nitrous on a DD, maybe make your own thread informing them of the downsides, rather than starting an argument in an otherwise beneficial thread.

just my 2c.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:58 PM   #61
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
Old 12-31-2008, 05:09 PM   #62
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
The mods all discussed street racing and due to it's dangerous and illegal behavior we all decided that it would not be tolerated on here.
1 reason why this forum has gone to shit seeing as 75% of the REAL world participates in this. oh well, i just unsubscibed from this and will continue my slow departure from this site......

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
Old 12-31-2008, 05:11 PM   #63
Chupacabra
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
not very productive to go into his pro-nitrous thread and tell him he's stupid for using nitrous on a commuter car. pretty sure the point of the thread is to inform people about how to hook up nitrous and set it up properly, etc. you slaggin him for thinking about it just sh!tting on his thread so you can look cool in front of all the other yarisworld.com people. if youre THAT concerned about people using nitrous on a DD, maybe make your own thread informing them of the downsides, rather than starting an argument in an otherwise beneficial thread.

just my 2c.
Trying to look cool in front of yarisworld people? Common man....that's not even remotely close to my intentions. This is a cyberworld.....looking cool??? I have been cool my whole life in "real life." It would be useless to make a thread stating all the downsides....the list is absolutely and completely endless on a daily driven street car like the Yaris. How about you start a thread stating the "positives" involved in setting up and using Nitrous? I would love to see that. No hard feelings though....I mean, the guy can do whatever he wants but based on the info he provided and his intentions (coupled with prior experience), there have to be a shitload of people who can see my point and just have ignored the thread. Perhaps that's what I should have done seeing that the thread would be heavily moderated and that fine b/c I don't pay the bills. I mean.....what a boring forum if you can't have discussion and opinions shared, even if you consider it me shitting on his thread. So...I could go back and forth forever but will chose to leave this thread alone along with the NOS thread.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:20 PM   #64
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Chupa, we all saw your point 18 posts ago. The horse is dead man. Stop beating it. You look like an idiot.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:36 PM   #65
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
OH Wow this is still going on... please don't bring this into the new year
Old 12-31-2008, 05:37 PM   #66
ChinoCharles
Banned

LOL
Old 12-31-2008, 05:39 PM   #67
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchbackkid82 View Post
OH Wow this is still going on... please don't bring this into the new year
x2.

Seriously, can we lock this damn thread and move on? I don't think it's benefiting anyone anymore ...
Old 12-31-2008, 05:44 PM   #68
ChinoCharles
Banned

Sure!
Closed Thread