Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #451
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
Yea I have manual paddles, which are a huge pain. There are so many fittings compared to analog or digital electronic management. My right front leaks and I can't figure out from where, so I have to top it off every 3 minutes.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:15 PM   #452
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
Gotcha, okay cool. Definitely roll the fenders when you can. Keep your current wheels, or maybe when looking at some new wheels, keep the offset I told you in mind. It'll look great! I kind of miss just being on springs. When I get another car I'll definitely change this car from low to functional with some meaty tires and a raise in height
Thx for the info...

Can't go wrong either way, but I think your car looks tremendous.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #453
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Thx for the info...

Can't go wrong either way, but I think your car looks tremendous.
Thanks brotha!!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #454
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post
Yea I have manual paddles, which are a huge pain. There are so many fittings compared to analog or digital electronic management. My right front leaks and I can't figure out from where, so I have to top it off every 3 minutes.
Sheeeesh. I feel like there are pros and cons for manual paddles. MOSTLY cons but you know what I mean. I like the gauges you get with them and how they seem more accurate. When my boy takes passengers he can air up in the back a little bit, and the gauges seem pretty accurate in terms of driver side to passenger side.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:05 PM   #455
coheed

Quote:
Sheeeesh. I feel like there are pros and cons for manual paddles. MOSTLY cons but you know what I mean. I like the gauges you get with them and how they seem more accurate. When my boy takes passengers he can air up in the back a little bit, and the gauges seem pretty accurate in terms of driver side to passenger side.
Don't get me wrong, I like the control I have over my height. I just wish I could pin down my leaking lol. Also I wish it aired out a little bit quicker. The exhaust port on the manual valves are 1/8" and it takes so long for the front to go down. And I run twice the air in the front as the rear, so the back of the car is down 5 sec before the front.

I'm liking the 16's on your car more and more man. You're convincing me that static Yarii need 16's.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #456
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I like the control I have over my height. I just wish I could pin down my leaking lol. Also I wish it aired out a little bit quicker. The exhaust port on the manual valves are 1/8" and it takes so long for the front to go down. And I run twice the air in the front as the rear, so the back of the car is down 5 sec before the front.

I'm liking the 16's on your car more and more man. You're convincing me that static Yarii need 16's.
Ahhh very true, my friend said the same, we parked in the garage and I was like what're you doing, and he said "Still airing out" hahaha it was hella funny. The port can't go any bigger? And thanks a lot man, I feel the same way. I'm just looking towards a different type of wheel now. Still 16s, maybe 16x9 but I'm just over the mesh look haha.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #457
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
@coheed - 1/8" lines are tiny! After you find your leak, try 1/4" at least. Not more than 3/8" though. Should help speed up your lowering/raising.

@TC- New wheels already? Curious what you have in mind...
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:29 PM   #458
coheed

Quote:
Ahhh very true, my friend said the same, we parked in the garage and I was like what're you doing, and he said "Still airing out" hahaha it was hella funny. The port can't go any bigger? And thanks a lot man, I feel the same way. I'm just looking towards a different type of wheel now. Still 16s, maybe 16x9 but I'm just over the mesh look haha.
I don't know if it could go any bigger. I would try drilling it out a bit, but at $15 and not being able to buy one locally, I think I'll leave it and deal with airing out slowly lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
@coheed - 1/8" lines are tiny! After you find your leak, try 1/4" at least. Not more than 3/8" though. Should help speed up your lowering/raising.

No my lines are 1/4", but the air exhaust port on the back of the manual paddle valves are 1/8". My raise time is great, its the lowering that takes forever.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #459
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post

I was trying to avoid the mesh look, but I got a good offer for a trade for some brand new 16x9s so i'll post on here with pics if it goes through! Polished lips with white faces :) Still reps unfortunately, but ill fake the funk til i graduate school and get something nicer :)
Old 09-06-2015, 10:45 PM   #460
TerenceCruz

Trade didn't go through, but I ended up finding some other JNCs in 16x9 that I loved. They will be arriving in a few days, and I'll mount the same tires I had on the BBS RS reps. Since they will be 16x9 I think the 195/45s will be the perfect stretch. Pics will be up when I get them on! :)
Old 09-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #461
TerenceCruz

As promised. New wheels are on! 16x9 +25 JNC014 (Sorry they're still reps lol but I love them) on 195/45s. I have 10mm spacers in the rear. So +15 in the rear :) Hate how it looks high from the rear. Lol. There are some rubbing issues, so I will have to pull/flare the fenders out even more.

Last edited by TerenceCruz; 09-11-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #462
coheed

Seriously it looks awesome man. Props.

And you'll never get over thinking the Yaris looks high in the rear. I think mine looks high in the rear aired out lol
Old 09-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #463
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Seriously it looks awesome man. Props.

And you'll never get over thinking the Yaris looks high in the rear. I think mine looks high in the rear aired out lol
Much love bro, thank you! And lol that's so irritating. Can they make a rear lip or something easier to get.. Smh haha.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:13 PM   #464
TerenceCruz

More pictures with the homies recently acquired EG8 while he works on his GSR 4 door.

Still scraping pretty tough, probably gona add a tad bit more camber in the front. I love how she sits though!
Old 09-14-2015, 01:07 AM   #465
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Super clean
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:03 PM   #466
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Super clean
Thanks man!
Old 10-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #467
Supra_Yaris
Logan

Drives: 2009 Yaris Liftback Base MT
How many washers did you you to achieve that much rear camber? And about how many degrees of camber do you have in the rear?
Supra_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #468
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Yaris View Post
How many washers did you you to achieve that much rear camber? And about how many degrees of camber do you have in the rear?
Used 3 grade 8 washers per lower bolt on each side. So i have a total of 12 washers. I'm running about -3 camber. Each washer used is supposed to be -1 degree of camber.