Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-13-2007, 08:40 AM   #91
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Drives: White YRX 5DR Hatchback 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
looks good!

now we need to see better reflections of you
Heh ~ You wish ~

I'll see how it will turn out on my Yaris ~ Maybe a better reflection will come out but.....she is white so that might be harder ~

Jaspie ~
jaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #92
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspie View Post
Well because we have water restrictions here ~ I used the 2 bucket washing way in my garage ~ So one with the wash and one with plain water to clean it ~ This is slower of course.....all together from Wash to final wax ~ 6 - 7 hours ~

I like the results though ~

Jaspie ~
it took me less than 2 hours from wash to wax my car. i guess that why my car not shinny and wet looking.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #93
jamal1984

Quote:
Heh ~ You wish ~

I'll see how it will turn out on my Yaris ~ Maybe a better reflection will come out but.....she is white so that might be harder ~

Jaspie ~
how come no one want to see my Reflection?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:17 AM   #94
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984 View Post
it took me less than 2 hours from wash to wax my car. i guess that why my car not shinny and wet looking.
Hahaha ~ That is one other thing you need to keep in mind when washing your car....the willingness to spend 6 hours to A WHOLE DAY washing it ~

Hehehe ~

Jaspie ~
Old 04-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #95
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984 View Post
how come no one want to see my Reflection?
Heh ~

Jaspie ~
Old 04-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #96
Nibs

Drives: 07 Yaris HB black
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
First of all let me start by saying that I have over 25 years of experience in the automotive refinishing biz. The clear coat on your car is actually a clear paint just as durable if not more then the actual color paint under it. When a dealer offers you a clear coat protection they are actually selling you a wax job. $500 to $995 for a wax job! The interior protection is often just a can of scothguard sprayed on. Save your money and skip these add-ons. The exterior protection coverage on these extras often run the same as the factory waranty. Your main rust prevention on the new cars is a zinc coating placed on the bare metal under the paint. You can have your car profesionally buffed with out any worries of the clear coat coming off. I emphasize professionally. In the wrong hands a buffer can act just like a sander and remove the clear and the color paint especially on the edges of the panels. (Even if you use Foam Pads.) The Best thing you can do to protect your finish is wax your car. The type of wax is a personal preference. I have found the best protection is usually a paste such as turtle wax type. It provides a thicker film of protection against the elements then a simple spray on wax. Wax should be applied according to manufacturers suggestions. Also you should wax your car as soon as you get it. The paint will have been totally cured and all fumes released from the paint by the time it gets to the dealers lot and waxing it right away will add the extra protection to help keep it looking new
THX! I'm picking up my Yaris in two days and you just saved me alot of $.
I had originally bought the clearcoat, undercar treatment package for $500. But after researching on here I realized I can just do it myself. It's dumb but I thought they were actually doing the clearcoat paint job themselves. So I called up and sure enough it's just a wax job. Funny he still tried to sell me on it saying they do a really good job with bluffers and the whole five year warranty speel.

I've never had a car worth waxing before but sure will with this one. ICE wax seems to be the most popular so far. Will do as soon as I get it home.

how do you guys feel about the touchless car washes out there? i mean atleast just for the first wash when I get home before waxing
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:47 PM   #97
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibs View Post
THX! I'm picking up my Yaris in two days and you just saved me alot of $.
I had originally bought the clearcoat, undercar treatment package for $500. But after researching on here I realized I can just do it myself. It's dumb but I thought they were actually doing the clearcoat paint job themselves. So I called up and sure enough it's just a wax job. Funny he still tried to sell me on it saying they do a really good job with bluffers and the whole five year warranty speel.

I've never had a car worth waxing before but sure will with this one. ICE wax seems to be the most popular so far. Will do as soon as I get it home.

how do you guys feel about the touchless car washes out there? i mean atleast just for the first wash when I get home before waxing
Touchless car washes do nothing ~ I took my Honda Civic there once (when I still had it, that is) ~ Went home.....ran my finger along the side.....and my finger was dirty from the dirt STUCK ON the car ~ I never went again ~

Hand washing is the best method.....time consuming and tiring it can be but you'll be really impressed and happy with the results ~

Jaspie ~
Old 04-15-2007, 10:00 PM   #98
jmjonesey

Drives: Red 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to jmjonesey
Quote:
Touchless car washes do nothing ~ I took my Honda Civic there once (when I still had it, that is) ~ Went home.....ran my finger along the side.....and my finger was dirty from the dirt STUCK ON the car ~ I never went again ~

Hand washing is the best method.....time consuming and tiring it can be but you'll be really impressed and happy with the results ~

Jaspie ~
Amen to that, if youre gonna go to a car wash, dont pay for the touchless, if ur in a hurry, just pay the one dollar for a quick spray off, it will do a better job.
jmjonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #99
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjonesey View Post
Amen to that, if youre gonna go to a car wash, dont pay for the touchless, if ur in a hurry, just pay the one dollar for a quick spray off, it will do a better job.
Yep ~ Touchless car washes here cost around AU$13 ~ so expensive ~

Jaspie ~
Old 04-17-2007, 06:10 PM   #100
nick1983

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandj View Post
I bought some ultra polish http://www.ultrapolish.com/Catalog.asp glare aircraft polish. I used it on my Yaris and I think impressive results, After I did both applications I RAN INTO A LOT OF BUGS (one every 1/2 to 1/4 inch on the bumper) after a rain this morning the bugs were all gone but for two. It is suppose to last 5 years. (time will tell) as for chorme I did it to my bike and can you say mirror. It was fabulous. I still want to get some plastic covering for the front end. As for now ,so far so good!
I think I will have to try It.

Any Pics?
nick1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #101
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
TW Ice Paste

I normally rinse and dry my car again after waxing...read a few places this sets the wax (if you can understand/believe it). I live in the middle of Amish land....lots of farm land and dust. Without a rinse after waxing, many waxes act as dust magnets....I tried TW Ice Paste last night, without a final rinse, and today the winds came up and my little Black Betty looks like it was stored in a dirt floor shed for months, even the outer edges of the windows are dirt wherever the microfiber cloth touched. I'll use the TW Ice Paste once more with a rinse to see how it reacts....but I really got to say it's the worst dust magnet I've used in over 40 years!
Old 05-03-2007, 03:03 AM   #102
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
I use Muguirs gold Shines like a spanked baby bottom.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #103
Doug007

Drives: 2007 Yaris S Sedan
I agree with the Meguire's Gold, which I apply every 3-4 months. Works well and my car always cleans up well. Great product!
Daytime Running Lights
http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm
Doug007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #104
jamal1984

i tried out Black Magic Liquid Wax today, and FUck it, i'm not gonna use that thing again. Take forever to clean the wax, and them wax still on my car. Beware of Black Magic Liquid Wax.

3M and Ice, plus Meguire is the best i used so far.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #105
jamal1984

here is the new Product from Meguire
NEW Ultimate Quik Detailer... (Formally known as 129D)
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/thread/75.aspx
Old 05-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #106
jamal1984

i will switch to Meguire CLEANER WAX which i saw at the store today, i will give it a try tomorrow to see how it's turn out.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:20 AM   #107
whoguy

Drives: Yaris YRS Sedan
Hi,

I use Meguires NXT paste.... takes effort to put on and the shine is pretty good.
Problem is, it is dusty when wiped off. Do not polish in the sun or you will get streaks.

Seems to last a while especially if used with a wash and wax car wash. I used Formula 1 wash and wax and it give great results.

Thanks
whoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #108
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK505 View Post
I highly suggest Zanio! It works wonders! Ill see if i can get pics of my buddies Mazdaspeed that he used it on... after he had layered it several times it looked like a mirror NO JOKE!
I will be telling the dealer NOT to wax, wash or touch the exterior of my yaris (whenever it happens) and i will be applying Zanio the first day i get it.
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Its a bit pricey but SO worth it.
When i get pics you will understand.
I've tried many of the waxes and polishes on the market, and none of them can even come close to comparing with Zaino. The shine it produces is the best I've ever seen, and no other wax/polish lasts even close to as long. I've had Zaino still beading water on my vehicles after a year, and they're always parked outside. I won't use anything except Zaino. For best results, wash vehicle with Dawn dish soap, use clay bar, then apply Zaino. The results are nothing short of astounding!
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote