Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Going Full JDM?

So I'm trying to decide on what route I want to go with on the Yaris. I've already started on a full TRD/Cusco suspension so that's easy. As far as looks and such, I'm thinking of a complete JDM route. Expensive as all hell, but probably worth it in the long run. Here's a list of what I want to do.

Fujitsubo Axle-Back Exhaust - $392
http://www.japanparts.com/images/Ima...base=1&no=1667

JDM Toyota Fender Lamp - $254 ($74 for Non-Power Lamp)
http://www.japanparts.com/images/Ima...base=1&no=1288

JDM Toyota Modellista Front Bumper - $1,280 Unpainted
http://www.japanparts.com/images/Ima...base=1&no=1199

JDM Toyota Modellista Side Skirts - $450 Unpainted (For 5-Door. Modify for Fitment)
http://www.japanparts.com/images/Ima...base=1&no=1211

JDM Toyota Modellista Rear Skirt - $450 Unpainted
http://www.japanparts.com/images/Ima...base=1&no=1213

JDM Toyota Rally Spoiler - $320 Painted?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...s/DSC01725.jpg

JDM Toyota LED Taillights - $350 (I assume)
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...zLEDLight1.jpg

Total - $3,496 + Tax, Freight, Paint, Ect...

Those are just the exterior parts. I've already sourced all of the Vitz RS interior bits thru some of our forum vendors and they're relatively cheap. Also, I'm currently rollin' on some Rota Slipstreams which I'd swap out once the body panels are done.

I know that Bulletproof and C2 AutoSport have said they imports a lot of the JDM stuff, so if they can source parts for cheaper, that'll help too.

Just wanted to get some input. Constructive Criticism is welcome.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:37 PM   #2
bulldogs2k

Drives: '00 s2000, 2007 yaris hatch
thats alot of money right there! Plus, you need to get the stuff painted. If you can afford it, then DO IT.......DO IT
bulldogs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
tca4

Drives: Yaris RS (white)
haha yea all you need is the $$$ =P then is possible
tca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

I like the DAMD styling, but the front and rear skirts are made for the Japanese RS bumpers. You'd have to swap those first I think.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Hmmmm......if you want to spend that kind of money on a cheap car......looks good to me. I wish I had that kind of spare cash.
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:59 PM   #6
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Ran, what Cusco stuff do you actually have now? Do you like what you bought so far?
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #7
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
Ran, what Cusco stuff do you actually have now? Do you like what you bought so far?
I've only got the springs now. However, my VA just came in so I'll be ordering the strut bar and lower tie bar this weekend.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #8
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Kizama
I've only got the springs now. However, my VA just came in so I'll be ordering the strut bar and lower tie bar this weekend.
Ah, just making sure. My Cusco was on order for about two weeks before it was shipped out. Not anyones fault, just that the stuff was hard to come by.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #9
bulldogs2k

Drives: '00 s2000, 2007 yaris hatch
Quote:
You need to keep us posted on the strut/tie bars. I was looking at those too.
bulldogs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #10
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogs2k
You need to keep us posted on the strut/tie bars. I was looking at those too.
I honestly don't expect a phenomenol improvement. What I really want is some adjustable sway bars.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #11
El Jefe

Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
Quote:
Expensive as all hell, but probably worth it in the long run.
worth what? it'll still be a slow car that doesnt handle like a true sports car? will it have a lot of money into to impress a handfull of people at shows and online, maybe
but honestly use the money to get an old car and fix it up to be cool or take a vacation somewhere. really $1200 for ONE bumper?!
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #12
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

Drives: Toyota Echo
It'll NEVER be true JDM blah blah blah .... Your steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car for a start. Why bother to try and make it something it'll NEVER be. At the same time, its hardly going to be 'original' --- it might in the USA cos no-one else (you'd hope) is dumb enuf to fork out that amount of cash for purely cosmetic mods.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #13
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33dY
It'll NEVER be true JDM blah blah blah .... Your steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car for a start. Why bother to try and make it something it'll NEVER be. At the same time, its hardly going to be 'original' --- it might in the USA cos no-one else (you'd hope) is dumb enuf to fork out that amount of cash for purely cosmetic mods.

you are an ass, speedy. why rip into someone else's ideas? why are you even on YarisWorld if you don't appreciate the work of other Yarii owners?
Please don't post on this site, anymore. All you're doing is trolling and trying to disrespect others. In the end, all you accomplish is making yourself look lame because you're on a Yaris site talking down on Yaris mods..do you have nothing better to do?!

Nice list, Ran. Though, it may take some time to gather all the bumper supports and brackets. People hated on me when I went JDM with a Lexus GS300 (twin turbo'ed it), but the ladies were always happy to ride :P .
Old 08-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #14
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

Drives: Toyota Echo
If someone expects to post their ideas on a PUBLIC FORUM, and not get ANY negative feedback, why post at all? FYI - My yaris is on the way ........ I post cos im genuinely interested in all things Yaris, but it certainly amazes me they so many Americans have blindfolds on when it comes to JDM this and that. As im sure you are aware, JDM has evolved into a form of auto styling that originated from Hondas... and some people are so keen to get their USDM cars to "JDM" specs they'll spend as much as they can, even down to japanese OEM stickers on the inside of cars fuel tanks to do so.

If people have US$5K to spend on a US10K car .... go right ahead, but for me (and im sure others share my opinion) -- it's a good waste of money when the car ends up slower than it was from the factory! Others would prefer to spend the cash on Coilovers, or stereo stuff, to make it look unique ... not to make it look like a replica of something you'd expect to see at a Japanese Dealership.

Ran Kizama posted the obove list, i assume to get peoples opinion. He stated "I'm trying to decide on what route I want to go with on the Yaris." Personally, if i had as much money as he does ... id go investigate the turbo route.

Im OFFERING Constructive cristism..... and i believe it will NOT be worth it in the long run! NO ONE ever gets money back that they spend on cars ... especially 'show cars' and the like.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #15
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel
in my opinion...
1. modellista front bumper is the sickest and not overly done,
will make your yaris unique...
2. get jdm rs rear bumer if you can, it's busy enough that you shouldn't need any other rear skirt...
3. side skirt... get canadian/jdm rs one... it's clean...
4. parking aid bumper light... cool accessory... but do you really need it...?
hhcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:16 AM   #16
RoninMax

Drives: Yaris 3 Dr, AE86
Some people love the look, some people love the speed. It is depend on the owner. For me, I don't judge my customer what they want. But I always said to them, If you want to fix up you car, show some of your character on the car so people know that car is yours.
Industry, CA 91746
626-961-6284
626-369-4418
RoninMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:17 AM   #17
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Save your money up, enjoy your warranty, throw a system in it, and go FI when your warranty is up. Body kit, double horsepower, body kit, double horsepower... easy decision.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:01 AM   #18
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe
worth what? it'll still be a slow car that doesnt handle like a true sports car? will it have a lot of money into to impress a handfull of people at shows and online, maybe
but honestly use the money to get an old car and fix it up to be cool or take a vacation somewhere. really $1200 for ONE bumper?!
1. If I wanted to drive a fast, pure sports car, I wouldn't have traded in my Turbo Miata.
2. I have an old car and it's fast. It's also for sale.
3. I have $$ I'm already saving for a vacation next April.

Sp33dy, constructive criticism is one thing however, sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it. To come right out and call me dumb for wanting to make my Yaris look like something unique in the States is a bit uncalled for. A simple "I'd rather go boost" or "That's a bit much for me" would have sufficed. If I wanted to utterly destroy my warranty then yes, I'd supercharge it in a heartbeat. When the warranty is up, you can bet your @ss that this car will be boosted in one form or the other.

I'm not a big stereo guy so a system isn't really my taste. I simply want to work the suspension so that it doesn't drive like a van, then get it up to appearance specs. Sure, they may sell it looking like that in Japan, but how often do you see them like that here in the States or Canada? The JDM scene may have originated with Honda styling. However, if I see a full JDM-spec car that I know the person has put time, money, and effort into, then I can definitely appreciate it even if it is a Honda.

I think it's best put "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." I believe they taught us that in the third grade.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Just tossed $150 in the bank towards the front end.