Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-03-2006, 08:15 AM   #19
Kr0n1k

Drives: AE101 Prizm('07 Yaris 3DR TBA)
I say go for it Ran. Pretty soon, the streets are going to be flooded with Yaris' all over the USA, not to mention the competitions offerings (FIT, Versa). I see your 280Z in your sig, so I am hardly worried that the Yaris will never see performance upgrades in its life time. The haters will hate. The only thing I would drop is the parking lamp doo dad, only because I could see someone breaking it off the car or something. I don't know, I've had a few cars vandalized where I live, so it may just be my paranoia speaking for me.
Kr0n1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:57 AM   #20
tsakali_gr

Drives: Toyota Yaris T-Sport 1.8
Hey, could you please tell me where can i order & buy the JDM Toyota LED Taillights???

I would appreciate it a lot!!

Thanks in advance
tsakali_gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #21
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsakali_gr
Hey, could you please tell me where can i order & buy the JDM Toyota LED Taillights???

I would appreciate it a lot!!

Thanks in advance
We've actually got some sources already working on it. Once we're sure everything wires up and swaps correctly, you'll know.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1031
Old 08-03-2006, 08:16 PM   #22
El Jefe

Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Kizama
Just wanted to get some input. Constructive Criticism is welcome.
hey man you asked for it
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:06 PM   #23
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

Drives: Toyota Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe
hey man you asked for it

Sorry Ran Kizama .... I'll rephrase and say "Id rather waste my money on other aspects of a car before splashing at pointless and interior and exterior parts .... but hey, if thats what u plan to do, go for it!" I do look forward to seein your car progress, and i do respect u for doing what ure doing, but everyone has their own views on things.

PS : I wasnt advising u to go add a supercharger and/or turbo, cos i myself see it as a bit pointless, cos it'll still be slow - but it would definitely make people look twice .... but its a shame that any NA honda EG/EK with an engine transplant would still be munching u at the lights ;)
Old 08-03-2006, 11:25 PM   #24
badhabitz

Drives: yaris
Send a message via AIM to badhabitz
hey ran check out www.kamispeed.com they have a lot of stuff there jdm and they also have the led tail light cheaper than boomplustoys. they are also setting up one of there yaris'sfor a time attack deal but if u guys are interested check out the site i dont think the project yaris is posted yet but call them anyways and ask for billy say ken refered u from yarisworld....peace

my c one bars are coming in soon watch out
badhabitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #25
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
I think originally the honda folks went JDM parts because you would never see things like the clear corners and such on US/Canada spec cars. Youll never get true JDM like its been said just for the fact the wheel is on the wrong side. There are some that have imported right hand drive cars, theres a guy in my area who imports cars all the time. The problem with just importing at least in canada is the vehicle has to be 15years or older. Youll never see a new right drive car here.
Personally I like some of the JDM parts only for the fact youll never see the stuff around here. A front bumper will get you noticed, so will other smaller mods - anyone who has seen a yaris will notice the difference. Whether they think your car is straight from japan or not is neither here nor there. It will get someone elses interest in buying some mods and eventually fuel the market for new aftermarket parts. Dont just settle for a set of wheels -
I kind of find it funny though how people get ripped for buying JDM parts new to the market for a mint because these people would buy the parts themselves in a heartbeat if the price was slightly lower or easier to access.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:17 PM   #26
roycaroyca

Drives: yaris 2007 2 door
where to find the side skirts (oem yaris)...............
roycaroyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:45 PM   #27
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
From skimming through everyones post and the majority of the people sayin "awww u cant make the yaris a TRUE Vitz or a TRUE jdm car" or whatever car u want it to be......

id say "who gives a flying toss", its what YOU want and how YOU like it.....if other members like it kudos, if they dont they will obviously flame u and give their opinion about it.

It all comes down to YOU and what YOU like.....damn for me i have a fake Netz symbol on the back of my car. Why did i get it?? cuz i wanted it thats why...i aint rollin in car with a front NETZ badge only.

BTW ran.....ooooooooo if you have the dosh go for it :) would love to see some pics after!!!

this front add on kit really gets my pants going!!!

OH BOY THATS HOT!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:50 AM   #28
graywolf_14

Drives: um not a yaris but hopefully
I think it dont really matter what anyone else thinks of your car, it is what u want. The point of doing something to your car is making it ur own and to incorporate urself in the car.
graywolf_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:02 AM   #29
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf_14 View Post
I think it dont really matter what anyone else thinks of your car, it is what u want. The point of doing something to your car is making it ur own and to incorporate urself in the car.
I agree completely... Look at my car... part JDM, part Thai style with a French touch and a dash of racecar... but I love the results!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #30
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
While going for the JDM look in North America might be a matter of taste (which I have no right to judge) maybe you could look the other way and find some way of importing a genuine JDM Vitz RS in all its RHD glory and doing a LHD conversion.

The parts should be common between the LHD and RHD models just a few trips to the local Toyota dealer to pick up the necessary bits to convert.

JDM through and through (with the exception of the centre dash and the headlights). Could be more complicated than I imagine, though?
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #31
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleong View Post
While going for the JDM look in North America might be a matter of taste (which I have no right to judge) maybe you could look the other way and find some way of importing a genuine JDM Vitz RS in all its RHD glory and doing a LHD conversion.

The parts should be common between the LHD and RHD models just a few trips to the local Toyota dealer to pick up the necessary bits to convert.

JDM through and through (with the exception of the centre dash and the headlights). Could be more complicated than I imagine, though?
That would certainly be feasible, not to mention the absolute JDM fanboy's wet dream!!!

From what I see in photos here compared to my RHD car, there are some subtle differences under the hood, as the brake fluid reservoir, the ECU box, and a few other things are located on the other side, though the engine itself and other main components look to be exactly the same.

Headlights would be another problem, as they would be suited to driving on the wrong side of the road. Apparently getting headlights from Taiwan would be a solution.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #32
Yaris TTE JWRC

Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
I wanna go full European, i guess because Im Asian, so Im more into the European Style, the Rallye Style
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #33
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Drives: MY07 Yaris Liftback
Original Poster,

you still planning on doing this?
Russelt3hPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #34
mikeukrainetz

import a vitz, swap vin tags from one to the other and part out the USDM and hope noone is the wiser.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #35
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Drives: MY07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeukrainetz View Post
import a vitz, swap vin tags from one to the other and part out the USDM and hope noone is the wiser.
it's only insurance fraud :lol:

if you try to insurane it anyway.
Russelt3hPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:56 PM   #36
mikeukrainetz

its only fraud if you get caught... lol