Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-10-2018, 04:28 PM   #1
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
2012 model now time for a SLIGHT refresh

howdy guys and gals! well it has been a LONG time since i last posted. my 2012 L model 2 door is now pushing 90K miles, it has stayed completely stock due to this being my daily driver and occasional vehicle to take out of town.

my question to you all what are some tasteful aesthetic mods that i can do to my exterior WITHOUT breaking the bank and not making look too boy racer ish lol

i have no plans for motor mods, nor lowering the vehicle. i still want to maintain this as a reliable daily driver with good gas mileage.

the roof is badly in need of a paint job, so im gearing up to have it painted a gloss black. similar to the 2018 models but without the side pillars painted.

any links to sites that sell mods to our vehicles would be much appreciated as well as pics too.

thanks again !
Old 05-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #2
Dliverance

Drives: 2012 Black sand pearl <3
Hollywood FL in the house :D

I used to live there and Miramar.
Dliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dliverance View Post
Hollywood FL in the house :D

I used to live there and Miramar.

yea dude, i don't normally brag about living here.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:16 PM   #4
Dliverance

Hollywood isn’t that bad. If you want to do some slight upgrades on the car, I would go with lowering springs and maybe some nicer wheels. Nothing too flashy but something that’s not the stock wheels.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #5
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Howdy! Glad to hear your Yaris is serving well.

My two cents? Wheels and lowering will be the two things on the list of biggest aesthetic impact and wouldn't hurt daily drive-ability. If anything, lighter wheels would improve acceleration and MPG, while lowering would make it handle a little better.

Again, just my two cents (which is probably really only worth one and a half).

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:01 PM   #6
CPALK719

Quote:
Hollywood isn’t that bad. If you want to do some slight upgrades on the car, I would go with lowering springs and maybe some nicer wheels. Nothing too flashy but something that’s not the stock wheels.
well i've been here my whole life, almost 35 years. it's not the worst but it isn't the best either. might not just be hollywood but really the entire county is getting kinda crappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Howdy! Glad to hear your Yaris is serving well.

My two cents? Wheels and lowering will be the two things on the list of biggest aesthetic impact and wouldn't hurt daily drive-ability. If anything, lighter wheels would improve acceleration and MPG, while lowering would make it handle a little better.

Again, just my two cents (which is probably really only worth one and a half).
And Thank you for your advice sir ! i greatly appreciate it.

does anybody know of any cheap front lips they make for the 12 and up yaris? what about roof spoilers? lowering im not really wanting. one thing i hated in the past about a lowered car. you had to watch every pot hole and try to skip every speed bump. lol i kind of don't miss that. lol
Old 05-11-2018, 09:24 PM   #7
Dliverance

Unfortunately, there’s not a whole lot of front lip options. You can find an oem spoiler for less than $100.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #8
CPALK719

Quote:
Unfortunately, there’s not a whole lot of front lip options. You can find an oem spoiler for less than $100.
I have the oem one that would come with the L model. It really isn't that fancy...

Does anybody know what size bolt pattern is needed to change the shift knob on the auto trans?
Old 05-14-2018, 04:51 PM   #9
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post
howdy guys and gals! well it has been a LONG time since i last posted. my 2012 L model 2 door is now pushing 90K miles, it has stayed completely stock due to this being my daily driver and occasional vehicle to take out of town.

my question to you all what are some tasteful aesthetic mods that i can do to my exterior WITHOUT breaking the bank and not making look too boy racer ish lol

i have no plans for motor mods, nor lowering the vehicle. i still want to maintain this as a reliable daily driver with good gas mileage.

the roof is badly in need of a paint job, so im gearing up to have it painted a gloss black. similar to the 2018 models but without the side pillars painted.

any links to sites that sell mods to our vehicles would be much appreciated as well as pics too.

thanks again !
make sure you go 600 12000 etc till its down to primer and then reprimer and stuff. or pay someone idk ones cheaper and more time consuming. or instead of repanting just use avery denningson gloss black and a heatgun and DIY. just amke sure to clean the paint and use a claybar so it comes out smooth.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #10
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
make sure you go 600 12000 etc till its down to primer and then reprimer and stuff. or pay someone idk ones cheaper and more time consuming. or instead of repanting just use avery denningson gloss black and a heatgun and DIY. just amke sure to clean the paint and use a claybar so it comes out smooth.
Yea i got a guy who does my paint work for me. He's done a few projects before and does a great job.