Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #73
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Congrats to you! Another successful shadetree mechanic :) Looks like you're breakin' it in real nice. lol. I hate whiners, but this one I like.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:34 AM   #74
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Thanks. I got a few inches. I didn't even tie it to the side or whatever. Just yanked it out of the way. I'll get better pics and videos tomorrow! Gotta install the iridium spark plugs still.
Ok, young man. Your next mission is to tell the rest of us what's that weird noise when we turn on our A/C at idle.

I know you're broke after buying the S/C, but give a good long look at the engine cover thread I've posted. You'll just have to wait a little longer until you dyno the beast again.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #75
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Can you give me a quick description of the kind of noises you guys are hearing with the A/C on at idle. This is with the compressor on or off? I will see if i hear anything.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:51 AM   #76
LtNoogie

It's at idle so the S/C compressor clutch is not engaged. It's a low but noticeable rrrrr... rrrrr... rrrrr. Coincides with the A/C compressor engaging and disengaging.

Hard to tell where in the car the sound is coming from.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:56 AM   #77
PETERPOOP

Oh geez. I will check it out tomorrow. I just want my exhaust setup and my gauges already! Then take it to the dyno!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #78
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
hell yeah, that's right!!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:02 AM   #79
LtNoogie

These installs are starting to become routine. I think the hardest part is sending that PM to Garm saying..."I want to buy a Blitz S/C"... GULP!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:09 AM   #80
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Congrats on the install. Lucky people with Boost. Haha. Wish i had a 1NZ-FE, wonder if the kit works on the 2NZ-FE. I should have bought a 1.5 though. Superchargers cost so much. :(

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:14 AM   #81
PETERPOOP

Thanks, you can always go the turbo route (headache!). This hobby IS expensive. I am broke as a joke and still need to spend a grand more to complete the car in it's performance department. Need a new exhaust setup and autometer gauges. Ah! And possibly water/meth injection!? dun dun dun
Old 03-09-2009, 02:30 AM   #82
nisyota

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
00o0o!! that sounds and looks so sexy!!! i wonder if my wife will ever notice that i installed a s/c on the car... hmm. LOL

That is awesome peterpoop.
nisyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:31 AM   #83
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Thanks, you can always go the turbo route (headache!). This hobby IS expensive. I am broke as a joke and still need to spend a grand more to complete the car in it's performance department. Need a new exhaust setup and autometer gauges. Ah! And possibly water/meth injection!? dun dun dun
You also need to put on the 1.8 Throttle body now every one knows how to stop the CEL problems
i would love a S/C but as above NZ$ now at 2.1 - 1 , makes it a $7000.00
up grade +frieght for a $15000.00 NZ Car
congrates on a Mod well done.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:35 AM   #84
PETERPOOP

Yes, the 1.8 tb is now on the future mods list!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #85
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
I ain't no camell, doc, noogie, KK, whoope, etc.. Here's my video of me driving the car seconds after finishing install! Yah baby!
OMG is my car really that loud? No wonder old men frown and brandish their weedeaters at me when I go by BTW, I made no video just to annoy you Poopy, so I'm pleased to see it had the desired effect But now I assume you will STFU and let the car do the whining

J/K, congrats PP! I'm so excited for you
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #86
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
AHHHH where have i been! good job dude enjoy the power
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #87
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Congrats on the install! I totally missed this... a lot can happen on YW when you've been away for the whole weekend. And I'm glad to see that your video fetish will finally be sated.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #88
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Zaius View Post
Congrats on the install! I totally missed this... a lot can happen on YW when you've been away for the whole weekend. And I'm glad to see that your video fetish will finally be sated.
Haha thanks. Your posts were helpful while reading Noogie's install thread. Yet my video fetish will now be satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
AHHHH where have i been! good job dude enjoy the power
thanks! i will enjoy the power! I will be looking for any fits and civics on the road to let them hear my whine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokoma-kun View Post
OMG is my car really that loud? No wonder old men frown and brandish their weedeaters at me when I go by BTW, I made no video just to annoy you Poopy, so I'm pleased to see it had the desired effect But now I assume you will STFU and let the car do the whining

J/K, congrats PP! I'm so excited for you

Nope! You will still see me asking people for videos! I can't wait to make more!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #89
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
Well I never promised anyone a video as I don't have a camcorder. I did not have threads to refer to when I installed mine and I did mine by myself. My first thought after my install was to make sure the car is running right not pics or videos. It is a little easier when you have everyone's previous experience with troubles and tips to help you along when you need it. If it was not for the other threads you probably would have had a lot more trouble and you probably would not have been making video's seconds after the install. You should be a lot more thankful to the people who did help instead of calling some of them out for not making video's.
With that said welcome to the club.
Thanks Captain Obvious. That's why in the earlier posts of this thread I repeatedly thank KK and Noogie. I also point out that Noogie's thread is very helpful. It's ok though, carry on Debbie Downer.

I'm off to make more videos!!!! videos FTW!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #90
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I think the hardest part is sending that PM to Garm saying..."I want to buy a Blitz S/C"... GULP!
LOL - no, it's really easy. The hardest part is me replying that the last one in the USA is gone, and you'll have to wait for the next shipment which I have exclusive rights to.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote