Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
l3igApple

Drives: Yaris
2007 OEM dipstick

Hi Everyone, Just purchased a used 2007 Yaris and trying to check the oil. It very hard to read the plastic yellow dipstick. Is the OEM dipstick a plastic one? Thanks!
l3igApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
Dadombomb15

Drives: 1996 Miata
yea, the oem dipstick is a yellow plastic. What you do is remove it, wipe it, then dip it again and check. you'll get a clearer reading then trying to read it after just removing it without wiping it.
Performance: Corksport "Drift" Cat-Back Exhaust, Hard Dog Ace Double Diagonal Roll Bar
Future (planned) mods: Intake, bumper turning light "induction" kit, better aftermarket wheels (lighter), light flywheel, upgraded clutch, racing seats, etc etc.
Dadombomb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
l3igApple

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadombomb15 View Post
yea, the oem dipstick is a yellow plastic. What you do is remove it, wipe it, then dip it again and check. you'll get a clearer reading then trying to read it after just removing it without wiping it.
Thansk man! After wipe it and dip it again, all I can tell is the oil is within the range but it's very hard to read the exact point. Anyway I think I'll just go ahead changing the oil and put in 3.9 qt oil and then read again.

Thannks again.
l3igApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
BLH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Yes I also find reading mine requires it being held just right in the light.
Especially new oil on the yellow plastic dipstick.
BLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
metal dipstick is worse .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #6
Dadombomb15

Drives: 1996 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLH View Post
Yes I also find reading mine requires it being held just right in the light.
Especially new oil on the yellow plastic dipstick.
yea, i've found that too, it has to be almost the perfect angle to reflect the light
Performance: Corksport "Drift" Cat-Back Exhaust, Hard Dog Ace Double Diagonal Roll Bar
Future (planned) mods: Intake, bumper turning light "induction" kit, better aftermarket wheels (lighter), light flywheel, upgraded clutch, racing seats, etc etc.
Dadombomb15 is offline   Reply With Quote