Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #631
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
If it's totaled, get all your aftermarket parts off the car, look for a later model Yaris (5 door) and swap all of it over!
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:47 PM   #632
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
If it's totaled, get all your aftermarket parts off the car, look for a later model Yaris (5 door) and swap all of it over!
Exactly Sugi, I already have taken everything off of the car that I can. It's sitting nearly stock right now. I'm just wondering if insurance would care that my car was modified when it was hit since now it does NOT look like the same car now lol.
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:47 PM   #633
TerenceCruz

Kind of want something with a little more power now though :)
Old 09-14-2016, 06:52 PM   #634
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Sorry to see that you got into an accident but the important thing is that you're safe. I had a similar incident a few years back. Damaged roughly the same area on my passenger side but a bit more rearward. I was able to repair it but I did it out of pocket and it came up to around 2500. Really just depends on the shop that does the work if you decide to keep it. I'm attached to my little hatch so I anted up and got it fixed.
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #635
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
Yeah man me too.. That's what I was thinking I was well. If it was the door I wouldn't think it was totaled, but since it involved the c-pillar, I think it may be a possibility. Do you think from the pictures she's totaled? Because some people say if the repairs cost 50% of the vehicle's worth it'll be totaled. Others say 70%. So I'm just really impatient waiting for insurance to let me know.
I don't blame you. I'd want to know asap too.

Hard to say, man. My initial feeling is that it's right in that gray area of maybe being enough to total or maybe not, but I'm no expert. I guess it will depend on how much their adjuster says it will cost to fix vs what comparable Yaris' in the area are selling for. Has the insurance adjuster come to see it yet?
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:15 PM   #636
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeroyuy01195 View Post
Sorry to see that you got into an accident but the important thing is that you're safe. I had a similar incident a few years back. Damaged roughly the same area on my passenger side but a bit more rearward. I was able to repair it but I did it out of pocket and it came up to around 2500. Really just depends on the shop that does the work if you decide to keep it. I'm attached to my little hatch so I anted up and got it fixed.
Definitely true man, since it hit my door directly I'm glad I'm fine. Yeah the fact it hit the c-pillar is really messed up. The door won't open or close and the door handle itself is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I don't blame you. I'd want to know asap too.

Hard to say, man. My initial feeling is that it's right in that gray area of maybe being enough to total or maybe not, but I'm no expert. I guess it will depend on how much their adjuster says it will cost to fix vs what comparable Yaris' in the area are selling for. Has the insurance adjuster come to see it yet?
That's what I'm saying man. No the adjuster didn't come see it yet but they will soon I believe. It's just messed up how the guy really doesn't think he's at fault here. State Farm called me saying "based on the pictures and what my client is saying, you are 100% at fault here." I was like that's BS. My insurance will now fight them for this and if anything I'll take it to court.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #637
ern-diz

Quote:
Definitely true man, since it hit my door directly I'm glad I'm fine. Yeah the fact it hit the c-pillar is really messed up. The door won't open or close and the door handle itself is done.

That's what I'm saying man. No the adjuster didn't come see it yet but they will soon I believe. It's just messed up how the guy really doesn't think he's at fault here. State Farm called me saying "based on the pictures and what my client is saying, you are 100% at fault here." I was like that's BS. My insurance will now fight them for this and if anything I'll take it to court.
Wow, sorry you have to deal with that drama. Did the guy admit fault at the scene and is now trying to worm his way out of it, or? How did the accident happen anyway?
Old 09-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #638
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Wow, sorry you have to deal with that drama. Did the guy admit fault at the scene and is now trying to worm his way out of it, or? How did the accident happen anyway?
Basically he made a left turn and didn't stay in his lane. I was in the right line so I was assuming he'd stay in his lane, but he didn't. He kept going towards the right and hit me as I was passing him. I had the right of way and he shouldn't have gone if he saw me coming. He told his insurance I was coming from the plaza across the street and that I ran the stop sign. Like wtf?!
Old 09-15-2016, 05:14 PM   #639
TerenceCruz

I should probably invest in a dash cam. This whole thing could've been avoided.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #640
TerenceCruz

I'm also confused about how they'll find out if Tonya is totaled or not. Some of my friends say if it costs over 50% of the vehicles value, it will be totaled. Others say 75%. So I guess it just depends. I'm pretty sure this will cost a few grand to fix..
Old 09-16-2016, 09:58 AM   #641
ern-diz

Wow, no shame for him to straight up lie like that.

I don't know exact percentages used to determine a car is totaled. It may be different with each insurance co.

On another note, are you on Instagram?

Last edited by ern-diz; 09-16-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:14 PM   #642
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
Dang.... Dang dang. Haven't checked YW in a little while. Just saw your FB and came right here.

Dash cams are life savers and cheap now. I have 2 that I use, one is a mirror attachment so I use the rear camera as my (always on, blind spot camera) and the other dashcam module is discreet sots right where the mirror attaches to glass. Important to get surveillance while parked too for hit n runs.... Twice I experienced.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...d_hps_bw_c_x_6

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:26 PM   #643
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Wow, no shame for him to straight up lie like that.

I don't know exact percentages used to determine a car is totaled. It may be different with each insurance co.

On another note, are you on Instagram?
Seriously brotha.. It's like I can't get my word in. I spoke to an adjuster so someone should be taking a look at it on Monday or Tuesday. So I'll keep you guys posted.. As bad as it sounds I am hoping she's totaled since I took everything off already.. Just didn't want to lose all the money from the parts. I am on Instagram! Look me up, terencecruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
Dang.... Dang dang. Haven't checked YW in a little while. Just saw your FB and came right here.

Dash cams are life savers and cheap now. I have 2 that I use, one is a mirror attachment so I use the rear camera as my (always on, blind spot camera) and the other dashcam module is discreet sots right where the mirror attaches to glass. Important to get surveillance while parked too for hit n runs.... Twice I experienced.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...d_hps_bw_c_x_6
Seriously man, I'm sure they do save lives. Such a pain having to deal with someone who fabricated a story just to be not at fault. If she is totaled, and I pick up something new a dash cam will definitely on my list of things to purchase. I'm really thinking Honda Fit, but we'll see! If I do get one it won't be modified nearly as much.. Lol. Maybe just lowering springs and window visors as a good daily until I graduate in December and get a big boy car
Old 09-24-2016, 04:29 PM   #644
TerenceCruz

Update guys, my black Vitz is totaled.

I will most likely be purchasing my friends 2007 Meteorite Metallic 3 door since we swapped almost all of my parts onto it already. He was going to keep it, but he has too many cars, so he agreed to sell it to me for a verrrrry good price :D

We already swapped my:

Whiteline RSB
Megan coils w/ Swift springs
TRD exhaust
-3 Real camber shims
Front camber bolts

Just have a few more parts to put on when I make the purchase. (Front lip, mudguards, license plate relocator, all LEDS, sound system, etc) I will keep you guys posted! :)

Here's his car when he test fitted his wheels from his EF Si. His yaris is currently on Si wheels, and he'll just be keeping his wheels, so I'll be throwing on my 16x8 Klutch SL1s after I get the fenders rolled properly.

14459865_1066627946779352_772115465_n by Tj Cruz, on Flickr
14442723_1066627943446019_31907062_n by Tj Cruz, on Flickr
14466955_1066627940112686_1283508513_o by Tj Cruz, on Flickr

Now that I have an older gen I'd love to find an actual type S lip kit for her, as well as get JDM tail lights/rear bumper. Whatever it takes to look as good as Sugis hahahaha. Any help sourcing those out would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks guys!

Last edited by TerenceCruz; 09-24-2016 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #645
TerenceCruz

By the way, does anyone happen to know if my instrument cluster (2011) would fit in his Vitz? (2007). Cause I really like having a tachometer. I have ABS, and VSC, but I believe he has neither.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:02 PM   #646
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
If you change your mind about getting it, let me know (assuming it's a manual). lol
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #647
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Also, CTScott should know the answer to the tach swap question.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:06 PM   #648
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
By the way, does anyone happen to know if my instrument cluster (2011) would fit in his Vitz? (2007). Cause I really like having a tachometer. I have ABS, and VSC, but I believe he has neither.
Will it fit, yes. Will it function properly,