Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
Stacy Travis

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Error code of P0010 on diagnostic test

I took my Yaris in and Good Year replaced the oxygen sensor and the throttle piston sensor. I got it back with a new check engine code of P0010. Has anyone gotten this before? My mexhanic is going to replace the cam shaft sensor on Monday but if that won't fix the problem, I'm not sure I want to do that. I'm just puzzled because the car works fine and Toyota said to disconnect the battery and clear out the computer.
Stacy Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
What was your initial problem, as to why they replaced the 02 sensor and the throttle position sensor (particularly as those two really don't have a direct relationship). The P0010 does indicate a problem with the camshaft position sensor. If that has been the error, since they started working on the car, that sensor should have been the starting point.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Stacy Travis

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
The car would start, shudder and shut down. I'm not really sure what the original code was but it was something about the throttle. Once that part got replaced, the car runs really well (they also did a tune up) but there is a new check engine light/code. I just didn't want to replace another sensor if the problem was more likely in a selinoid or something. Thank you for your help.
Stacy Travis is offline   Reply With Quote