Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #19
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Last night at about 10pm, I started my blue Yaris for the first time in 3 weeks. It started up without any hesitation at all, as it did 3 weeks ago after not starting it for 2 weeks. It briefly ran a little rough...smoothed out while the 'cold' light was still on. Chalking it up to temperature (mid 30s, IIRC). I backed it out of the garage, on to the driveway, and let it run for about 15 minutes before pulling it back into the garage. I'll be away for just a few days over 3 weeks, so I decided (given the very easy start) to leave the battetry connected. The brief 'roughness' was a sharp contrast to my silver Yaris. Yes, there is a difference between 3,000 miles and 300,000 miles .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #20
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolab View Post
What did you like better about the Echo?
The ECHO is lighter for one thing. Mine was a MT and so got better mpg than my Yaris which has AT. About 40 mpg vs 35.

The Yaris also lost a wp and the oil pressure switch while the ECHO had zilch go wrong in almost 8 years and 48k miles. Battery went 7 years.

Actually now that I think of it I like the instrument panel of the Yaris better and the design of the auto shifter (gated) And the hatch is better!
Old 11-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #21
chocolab

Drives: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
The brief 'roughness' was a sharp contrast to my silver Yaris. Yes, there is a difference between 3,000 miles and 300,000 miles .
I check here every once in a while but I missed when you got your new one. I guess it's a MT also? How did you find a MT one in Texas? As we know, for some reason the Gulf States region got very few MTs, and it seems from what I saw searching online that they got even fewer in 2014...
chocolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 02:12 PM   #22
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
I check here every once in a while but I missed when you got your new one. I guess it's a MT also? How did you find a MT one in Texas? As we know, for some reason the Gulf States region got very few MTs, and it seems from what I saw searching online that they got even fewer in 2014...
Yeah, it is a manual. I didn't find in in Texas . There were only 22 manuals in the whole country, and the share of those located in Texas.....zero. Of the 22, 19 were Ls and 3 were SEs. Of the 19 Ls, only 7 of them were either White or Silver (my two preferred colors).... 4 in Florida, 1 in Tennessee, 1 in Ohio, and 1 in Illinois. The cheapest one was in Florida, so I trekked to Florida.

See post #71 on Kal-El's 'Yaris sales hit a new low' thread. for the details. That thread is in the same 'Third Gen General Discussion' section that this thread is, and that thread is currently located at the bottom of page 3 (this thread is at the top of page 1). Post #71 is on page 4 of the 8 pages in that thread.

Right after that post, I added my own (now 2 page) thread - 'I just bought a 2nd (additional) Yaris yesterday (8/12/14) - a new 2014' - in the 'New Yaris Purchase Forum', and my thread is still on page 1 of that purchase forum.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #23
chocolab

Drives: bmw
Cool, nook, I just read through those threads... What's funny is I had done those same nationwide searches and actually had that same car bookmarked, I'm sure... It was the one down south of Tampa/St Pete, right? I remember because it was pretty much the cheapest one in the whole country, or at least in the South. I even checked Southwest for flight prices...

Looked at one online recently in South Carolina that was similar but magnetic gray... Email communication with them was sort of spotty for some reason and I couldn't get a final price from them, but I almost wish I'd done that one.

I also found one in St Jo Missouri (I'm in north Texas so that's not too far) and the guy said he got emails from people down south fairly often and had even sold one to a Texas earlier this year. Wish Texas dealers would order a few more MTs!
chocolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #24
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Cool, nook, I just read through those threads... What's funny is I had done those same nationwide searches and actually had that same car bookmarked, I'm sure... It was the one down south of Tampa/St Pete, right? I remember because it was pretty much the cheapest one in the whole country, or at least in the South. I even checked Southwest for flight prices...
Too funny. What a coincidence. Yeah, that was the location. Bradenton is toward the southern end of the Tampa/St.Pete metro....and it was the cheapest one in the country. The second cheapest one in the country was at the opposite end of the Tampa/St.Pete metro in Holiday, FL. The one in TN, and the one in IL, each had been sitting on their respective lots for a long time in ???? conditions. I knew the ones in Tampa might have been exposed to a fair amount of heat, but that wasn't a concern in my book. I really have to thank roxy1 for posting the link to the cars.com detailed search page on Yarisworld. Without that link, I wouldn't have known how to do such an efficient nationwide search.