Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #19
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate View Post
Then you live in Perfectland, USA because dealers everywhere else grab your balls early on and latch on like leeches.
LMFAO
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #20
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by k r a y z e e . j o j o View Post
How bout I follow you around and ask you stupid questions for an hour? How much would that cost?
OMG Hell naw this is by far one of the fuuniest threads but it is true lol they crack me up
Old 12-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #21
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
People are still people. Dealerships are dealerships. You can be as impolite to a building as you want. But people are just doing as they're told.
So what do you call them?
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #22
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Oh jojo they probably try to charge u per answer i say $30 per answer
Old 12-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #23
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
So what do you call them?
I call them, Warranty locations.

I call REALLY call them (CITYNAME) (CARMAKE).

So for example. Tustin Toyota.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #24
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
I think we can all just agree that all dealerships suck, especially when it comes to work that we can't do ourselves for whatever reason. I have plenty of know-how, but still have to envy those who have the tools, equipment, and space to handle all their car issues at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
Oh jojo they probably try to charge u per answer i say $30 per answer
No problem, I'll just run through an entire analysis and history of the Yaris in 59 mins, and then go off-topic with a question on Canadian weather. Free service FTW

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #25
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

hahahaha
Old 12-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #26
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
I'm another lucky owner. Our dealership looks after our car (and us) as if we were relatives; much appreciated. They check the car, they follow the warranty, and never a problem. They are busybusy, and I suppose that is the reason why: good, honest people.
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:31 AM   #27
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
I went to my Toyota dealership last month for my oil change (father purchased a 60K service plan for me... so might as well use it.) and I wore my grease monkey mechanic jumpsuit. The service people looked at me and said, "Are ya a mechanic?" and I said, "Yes" and nothing more. They serviced my car, and did not try to hustle me.

It's funny because my jumpsuit reads: TUNEUP MASTERS, and the name on the ironed-on badge reads: Chuck Schultz.

I don't know any asian people named Chuck Shultz lol

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #28
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by andru47 View Post
Oh and I'm gonna need it in writing that my car has carbon buildup so I can go claim warranty from Toyota and get a new engine
They'd give you a free motor for a little carbon build-up?

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #29
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
I'm totally honest so they don't me.

-Want your brakes checked?
No thanks, I've been at the track and they are working great.

-Air filter replaced?
Don't worry I clean my Intake (custom) every 3 weeks.

-Tire Rotation?
I've been on the track, so they are just fine.

-Fluids?
Brakes have been drained before track time.
Coolant, I did the TB swap so I had to check the levels and it's fine.
Washer fluids.... I have some at home.

I have to mention, the guy in charged of the Service department worked for my dad LOL. He even gives me 20% off on parts. Which I don't use cause the car is still on warranty.....
Old 12-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #30
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
They'd give you a free motor for a little carbon build-up?
Well then. Looks like I need 5 and a half new engines.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #31
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
i got the talk the other day from a dealership about carbon buildup, my car's engine has 33k miles on it. I am laughing a little on the inside, thinking how on earth could they know that from a basic oil change? This is the 2nd year they said i need to replace my wiper blades, they are still the original, apparently to them they are cracked and 'about to go', add ontop the question to balance my tires during a rotation (in my case was a swap) which unless my tire was not properly balanced to begin with would have no reason to rebalance it, as they usually stay balanced for the life of the tire. sometimes, you just have to ignore people because all they want is what they want, and that usually is not what you want...
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #32
yarrr
Banned

Drives: 07 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by scape View Post
i got the talk the other day from a dealership about carbon buildup, my car's engine has 33k miles on it. I am laughing a little on the inside, thinking how on earth could they know that from a basic oil change? This is the 2nd year they said i need to replace my wiper blades, they are still the original, apparently to them they are cracked and 'about to go', add ontop the question to balance my tires during a rotation (in my case was a swap) which unless my tire was not properly balanced to begin with would have no reason to rebalance it, as they usually stay balanced for the life of the tire. sometimes, you just have to ignore people because all they want is what they want, and that usually is not what you want...
Some crazy people like to change wiper blades before they start scoring the 4 concentric quarter circles into your windshield.

Tires rarely stay balanced for the life of the tire. This is why almost every tire place recommends balancing every other rotation.

As far as I'm concerned if you pay for an oil change on a yaris, you're open season(or maybe an open wallet). Dealerships are closing across the nation, the economy sucks, and toyota is taking the brunt of it now because of the pedal recall. If I could make 40 bucks spraying a can of cleaner into your intake, I would too. I also like how preventative carbon maintenance done by a dealer is shunned here, but seafoaming your engine is pretty much SOP.
yarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #33
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrr View Post
Some crazy people like to change wiper blades before they start scoring the 4 concentric quarter circles into your windshield.

Tires rarely stay balanced for the life of the tire. This is why almost every tire place recommends balancing every other rotation.

As far as I'm concerned if you pay for an oil change on a yaris, you're open season(or maybe an open wallet). Dealerships are closing across the nation, the economy sucks, and toyota is taking the brunt of it now because of the pedal recall. If I could make 40 bucks spraying a can of cleaner into your intake, I would too. I also like how preventative carbon maintenance done by a dealer is shunned here, but seafoaming your engine is pretty much SOP.
+1

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #34
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
I work at a dealer and everything we do for maintenance can easily be done in a parking lot. Haha, I know because I have done it before. Now every dealer is different based on the people. I know writers who won’t sell flushes or hassle people because they don't believe in it and I know writers who will shake an old woman upside down for that last penny. I think if you are nice and courteous to people and are aware of what service you need, you wont have a problem. The mechanics at dealers are normally better than at your local garage, but it all depends. I will never go to a local garage again based on how unknowledgeable the mechanics are. I think everyone should know how to do tire pressure, fluid changes, and filter changes.

Every time I have eve gon to a dealership I always expect to be asked if I want 3 things done, than probably dont need to be done.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #35
OTA'sTOY
DAT'S RIGHT I GOTz 2

Drives: '10 5dr
FYI
it's the same with all makes of car
they only sell this bcause its by the manufacturer "scheduled maintenence" by mileage
every so many miles they recomend to do certain "recomended types of service

so you can choose to do what is recommended or not
basically you end up paying for it now or later
either now to prevent it
or later when it to late
OTA'sTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #36
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA'sTOY View Post