Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #55
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
^I still hold out hope for RR. I have to have faith the we're just on opposite sides of the same coin.

Scott was going up against Arc Audio's best. Fred Lynch's Arc SE amps are very nice. It comes down to dynamic power and how we perceive "better". Those JL/HD amps are basically 750 Watts per driver. The best I've got is 450 Watts (@ 12 Volts unregulated) from my DD S2b amps. Bummer! :)

I was demoing the G35 for the entire day on Sunday at SBN. I cannot remember how many people I went through tracks with in that car. I'm thinking that he'll prolly have it at CES this next year unless he pulls something out of his sleeve, which could happen.

Oh! Nice fun project. My wife is going to nursing school soon for 15 months in DC. This means I'll be turning the living room into a listening room! I've got the TL MTM speaker enclosures off some vintage solid state equipment. Sorry to say it isn't tube driven...I don't have a record player either. I ONLY have a blu ray and an SACD player. Damn I'm uncultured! :P
Why do you (and others) insist on arguing with me about car audio? My OP had absolutely nothing to do with car audio. Please don't tell me this is a car fourm. "Contex is everything".

It seems some just like to argue and show how much they know even if they have to invent an argument.
The truth is on ths thread for all to see.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #56
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Look troll boy... You're wrong. Live with it.

I've called you out and you won't prove your theories in a practical real world CAR AUDIO application...because you can't.

We both agree that crappy compressed music sounds like shit. But putting an analog record player (for instance) in a vehicle has been tried...look at GM's Caddilacs in the 70's...and failed miserably.

Why do I insist on keeping this subject to car audio? LOOK AT THE SUBJECT OF THE POST!!! It's in a car audio forum, it's regarding car audio amplifiers. Even if it wasn't, you cannot win the RC challenge.

I notice you don't actually answer any questions either. For instance, you talked about digital source music. I gave you two examples of music that would sound better digitally. You never commented on it even though I posed the question to you originally.

Again, you don't answer questions. You simply subscribe to your own opinions and provide no substantiating backup for said arguments. How many real world examples are given in this thread that really bunk your assertions? Three. There's the Richard Clark challenge, there the home audio side by side challenge and the personal quote from a car audio 8x world SQ champion.

You couldn't comment on any of them. Why? Because they're correct and you don't want to end up calling out any of them and ending up with more than egg on your face.

RR, you have not given anything constructive to this argument. You cannot back up your opinions with substance...especially in a real world application.

You are the weakest link. Goodbye.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #57
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
.....and the freak show contines for all to see!

I haven't given anything constuctive to this argument? You are the only one arguing !
YOU are the one creating an argument where none exists. You're like a desperate politition.... who instead of speaking to the topic at hand, they create new argument that is toltaly unrelated because they do not want to address the original issue .

Look at the original post I responded to and its contex. It was clearly in refence to the C-64 era and and not about car audio. What do you not understand about that?!?!?!? You must get easily confused! Do you even know what a "C-64" is?

I'm out of this freak show..... you can contine to make a fool of yourself......... for all to see!

Last edited by RedRide; 05-24-2012 at 12:46 PM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #58
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

What a wanker! RR doesn't answer or respond to questions regarding the subjects he brings up.

Answer the question about source material!

Respond to the articles about the A/B home audio challenge!

Give us your thoughts on the RC Challenge.

Give us your thoughts on Scott Buwalda's statements about hearing the differences between amplifiers.

Answer a question for once.

If you're so intent on telling us about the "C-64" amplifier, put some information up and tell us how it relates to this thread's subject.

AND you mentioned that the OP was talking about the C-64 amplifier...wrong post. Look at the thread again. No where in here does the OP bring up anything about the C-64 era amplifiers that I'm seeing. This is a car audio thread talking about car audio amplifiers.

Last edited by sqcomp; 05-24-2012 at 02:11 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #59
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Here's a nice little PM I just received from RR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide
Give it up troll boy!

You are acting like a complte ass hole..... llike a spoild 2 year....a dumb one at that. So, keep acting like a little girl and cry some more for all to see.
Now, RR...put up my response to you if you please. Forget it...I'll put it up:

Quote:
Really? Is that all you can give? Answer the questions I put on the thread. Put a pic of the C-64 amplifier up and explain how the C-64 sounds just as good but less efficient as modern amps.

You realize that you haven't answered a single question brough up in the thread at all. You've dodged and darted without offering anything up to dispute what I've had to say.

I agree that compressed "digital" music sounds like crap. I also offered the side by side sustem comparo between an analog system source and a digital source. You didn't respond to that.

I put up the quote from a car audio SQ champion regarding the audible difference between amplifiers. You didn't respond to that.

S7V7N put up the tidbit regarding Richard Clark's amplifier challenge. You didn't respond to that.

You're not responding to anything in the debate.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #60
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide Give it up troll boy!

You are acting like a complte ass hole..... llike a spoild 2 year....a dumb one at that. So, keep acting like a little girl and cry some more for all to see.

Loll@ RR getting butt hurt. Umadbro ? I bet he broke his keyboard. I could almost feel the anger in his font.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #61
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Here it is! a "C-64"!

This serves as both home amplifier for RR and a computer!
Old 05-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #62
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Lol @ Sqcomp. You wanna get B!tched at again ? Dont you !

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #63
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I must like to live dangerously!

**rest of message edited out of pity for RR**

Last edited by sqcomp; 05-26-2012 at 09:26 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #64
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I must like to live dangerously!

**rest of message edited out of pity for RR**
new plan..... you are going to stop having this net-pissing contest, and instead put your time and effort into installing some tweets in my ride, lord knows i'll never get around to it(i will, but probably not till july or august at the earliest).

it is really amazing at how good two 6.5's running full range off 80watts can sound... if they sounded worse i'm sure I would've already installed the tweets and maybe even added a glassed 8" or two in the rear.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:34 AM   #65
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Oh don't worry about RR. He's taken his crusade to PMs. I keep telling him to go away and put his money where his mouth is. He won't. Fuqin keyboard commando he is.

So to you...we can work something out. In July, I have my Army thing going on. August might be a good time. Shoot me a couple pics of what and where you're thinking. My wife is going to her accelerated BSN nursing program in the first week of August on the east coast. I'll be "bored" out here prepping for IASCA regionals in October up in Marysville, WA. I've got something pretty cool in mind. I'll be working in a custom back seat...to make room for a rear console mounted 15". >:)