Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-11-2011, 04:08 AM   #1
fujiwaru

Drives: 08 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Poor Yaris got rear ended :(

Since I catch the bus to go to college, I leave my car at home for my mom to use when ever she needs to run errands since she hates driving the big SUV.

So today both my parents were running errands, and when I came home, in the driveway was sitting my yaris, with the left rear bumper and taillights smashed. I asked my parents what happened and basically they were parked on the side of the road in the near by shopping center, and some guy came speeding in too fast and tried to avoid hitting my parents by swerving around it but didn't make it in time. My mom also got a bruise since she was stepping out of the car right when it happened, but she is alright.

Thank god my parents are alright though!! I think the idiot who hit my parents should pay for it all. But I'll see what my dad says about it after he talks with the insurance company tomorrow.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
fluke_boy

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 dr hb
Glad to hear both your parents are ok. Your parents should have gotten a police report. The repair bill should be paid by the other driver's insurance.
fluke_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
brg88tx

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan, Auto
glad you're ok op. i like grey colored cars, but i owned one once and i swear people pulled out in front of me and nearly rear ended me twice as much as normal. i think it blends into to the road at first glance.
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
fujiwaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluke_boy View Post
Glad to hear both your parents are ok. Your parents should have gotten a police report. The repair bill should be paid by the other driver's insurance.
Thanks and I'm pretty sure my parents got a police report since the cops showed up shortly after it happened. Still waiting on what the insurance company is gonna do about it as well as the other driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brg88tx View Post
glad you're ok op. i like grey colored cars, but i owned one once and i swear people pulled out in front of me and nearly rear ended me twice as much as normal. i think it blends into to the road at first glance.
Yeah it seems so too that it blends in the road. But i'm pretty sure the other driver saw them cuz this happened around noon when the sun was bright and shiny, but then again he came speeding into the shopping center
Old 02-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
glad everyone is OK, you should also use the repair money in getting some hella tails now, just a suggestion is all.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
It acually does not look that bad at all.
Any competent body shop will have it looking like new.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:06 AM   #7
fujiwaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by big lo View Post
glad everyone is OK, you should also use the repair money in getting some hella tails now, just a suggestion is all.
haha maybe i just might do that since it the other guy is paying for all the damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
It acually does not look that bad at all.
Any competent body shop will have it looking like new.
yeah me and my dad were gonna go down to a body shop to have it fixed
Old 02-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
bankrobber

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
I say about 1,000 dollars damage
bankrobber is offline   Reply With Quote