Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
chrisj
Hooch Brewer-Shine Sipper

Drives: 2009 5-dr LB
A Second Yaris?

My black Yaris is primarily driven by my wife, who is far more level-headed than me. I want to do things to the car that she wouldn't like, so I had this brainstorm (or brainfart, according to how she sees it) and thought, why not look around for a SECOND Yaris just for me to prank with. I would want a stick, would want to lower it, and do other things to it that I can't do to our current Yaris.

I could get an older model with some miles on it for not too much, no?
Old 10-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Makes perfect sense to me! I'd love to have just a project car. But then I'd also like to have a late 60's early 70's Mopar with a hemi in it too! Not one of these new fangled ones, an old school big block hot cam blown HEMI. Rough Idle, totally environmentally irresponsible, scare honda's off the street .......yeah........
Old 10-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
chrisj

^ Well, I still want to get good mileage, and I do like my Toyotas. :)
Old 10-03-2010, 12:30 AM   #4
vwtech
Banned

Drives: 09 jetta tdi dsg
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
Makes perfect sense to me! I'd love to have just a project car. But then I'd also like to have a late 60's early 70's Mopar with a hemi in it too! Not one of these new fangled ones, an old school big block hot cam blown HEMI. Rough Idle, totally environmentally irresponsible, scare honda's off the street .......yeah........
I would love that too no replacement for displacement.
vwtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #5
vwtech
Banned

I got my yaris for 6600 its an 07lb it had 69k on it when I got it clean carfax and in very good condition with new tires and factory alloys. I got mine at a dodge dealer in texas and the salesman said cars like this just dont sell well in texas and he said manuals dont sell well either.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #6
vwtech
Banned

why not get something different though it would be nice to have different vehicles.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:38 AM   #7
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
We had two VW Passat GLXs for about six years, one was a sedan with an auto in gun metal gray (the wife's) and I had a blue wagon that had a five-speed in it. There's nothing wrong with having two of the same model of car, and I see nice looking Yarii on Craigslist all the time.

When my oldest becomes driving age, he may end up with a hatch 'cause he sure as hell ain't getting mine!
Old 10-03-2010, 01:28 AM   #8
vwtech
Banned

food for thought ya know I like a variety I drive a TON so its nice to drive something completey different every day.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:31 AM   #9
chrisj

Well, I would want probably the same car model myself. My reasoning would be the same reason I told my computer customers years ago to buy the same model of printers when they bought a few. They didn't have to order 10 different kind of parts or toner. That's why when I finally do get one it may be an '09 like I have now, to make sure things are the same in both cars.

I won't be getting this second car for awhile, so by the time I get one an '09 will be lots cheaper than right now. If I do, then I can change out some of the things I bought for the one we have now, and return the one we have now to stock or something. It will be long enough before I get one that I can just wait and watch prices on '09s go down.

At the moment I am not even able to drive anything due to problems with my knees. It may be next year before my doctor releases me to drive anyhow. Yes, I am taxied around everywhere I go at the moment, so obviously I will be ready for something of my very own when I get able to drive again!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #10
krolos

Drives: 2008 yaris sedan
Now is probably a good time to get a decent Deal on a used Yaris,
good deals are going to be harder to come by when
Gas Prices start to go up again , its all about supply and demand.
krolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #11
chrisj

^ True, krolos, but I really can't afford another one right now. Wish I could. I will have to wait probably until the new year at least, for various reasons. If those gas prices will just hold on! lol!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #12
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
why not get a manual yaris sedan? my wife has the auto sedan(mild) and i've got the manual liftback(kinda wild). mine is modded(springs, exhaust, strut bars) while hers is pretty-much factory(except for a yakima roof rack). this way you can have different-looking cars that share many of the same maintenance parts(ie. filters, etc.). even though hers is vastly different looking from the outside they really are the same car - just designed in two different places. also, there's something about a modded sedan that just looks right. not to say i don't like modded liftbacks, but i think the really well-done sedans on this forum look better than the really well-done liftbacks(runs and hides).
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #13
chrisj

^ I like the idea of the sedan. I just looked at one that had a body kit, spoiler, tint, and alloy wheels that looked pretty sweet. I think the lowered sedans look good.... :)
Old 10-06-2010, 02:07 AM   #14
pspeezy

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
At the moment I am not even able to drive anything due to problems with my knees. It may be next year before my doctor releases me to drive anyhow. Yes, I am taxied around everywhere I go at the moment, so obviously I will be ready for something of my very own when I get able to drive again!
sorry to hear that man, i hope all goes well! and sedan isnt a bad idea! i love my sedan
pspeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #15
chrisj

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeezy View Post
sorry to hear that man, i hope all goes well! and sedan isnt a bad idea! i love my sedan
Thanks. I am hopeful for the new year. And I am thinking more and more about a sedan.

Did you get your lights ordered?
Old 10-06-2010, 04:32 AM   #16
pspeezy

Quote:
Thanks. I am hopeful for the new year. And I am thinking more and more about a sedan.

Did you get your lights ordered?
not yet! i have those puppies sitting in my shopping cart hahaha,
being a youngin with little income i spent my $$ on the HID kit / eyelids,
so im just waiting for those to get shipped and work on those.
then next paycheck im ordering the LED lights right away

i took off the plastic covers on my map lights/ dome to check them out and it looks real easy to swap out and i cant wait!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #17
chrisj

^ Yeah, on the map lights I took a screwdriver and gingerly poked a little, not wanting to mess up the plastic trim, then noticed that they popped out easily if you just pushed them up like you were turning them on or off. Then you can get the screwdriver in and pop off the cover. That was a sigh of relief moment for me.

Have a good day... :)
Old 10-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #18
pspeezy

Quote:
^ Yeah, on the map lights I took a screwdriver and gingerly poked a little, not wanting to mess up the plastic trim, then noticed that they popped out easily if you just pushed them up like you were turning them on or off. Then you can get the screwdriver in and pop off the cover. That was a sigh of relief moment for me.

Have a good day... :)
oh perfect! thanks for the tips
you too man!