Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-13-2006, 09:51 PM   #1
wushumasterku

Drives: 06 White LE HB 5spd
human head in coffee beans

According to medical experiments: If you can find the Man's Head within 3 seconds, your right brain is more developed than normal people. If you can find the Man's Head within 1 minute, your right brain is developed normally. If you can find the Man's Head within 1-3 minutes, your right brain is slow in reacting, you should eat more meat protein If you can't find the Man's Head in 3 minutes or more, your right brain is a disaster ... extremely slow in reacting, eat way more protein and try some Ginkgo Biloba. AND, YES THERE REALLY IS A MAN IN THERE.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:11 PM   #2
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I found it! I found it!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Mess11

Drives: Civic
Heh damn that took me a long time. My mom lied to me when she said I was smart!!
Mess11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #4
ronbonzo
"Vibrant Clarity"

Drives: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon
Kopi Luwak

http://coffeetea.about.com/cs/kindso...akopiluwak.htm

Kopi Luwak coffee comes from the Indonesian island of Sumatra, an area well-known for its excellent coffee. Also native to the area is a small civit-like animal called a Paradoxurus. That's the scientific name, the locals call them luwaks. These little mammals live in the trees and one of their favorite foods is the red, ripe coffee cherry. They eat the cherries, bean and all. While the bean is in the little guy's stomach, it undergoes chemical treatments and fermentations. The bean finishes its journey through the digestive system, and exits. The still-intact beans are collected from the forest floor, and are cleaned, then roasted and ground just like any other coffee.

The resulting coffee is said to be like no other. It has a rich, heavy flavour with hints of caramel or chocolate. Other terms used to describe it are earthy, musty and exotic. The body is almost syrupy and it's very smooth.

One must wonder about the circumstances that brought about the first cup of Kopi Luwak coffee. Who would think to (or even want to) collect and roast beans out of animal feces? Perhaps a native figured it was easier to collect the beans from the ground this way, rather than having to work harder and pick them from the trees? We'll likely never know. But because of the strange method of collecting, there isn't much Kopi Luwak produced in the world. The average total annual production is only around 500 pounds of beans.

Because of the rarity of this coffee, the price is quite outrageous. If you can find a vendor, the current cost for a pound of Kopi Luwak is around $300 or more. Some more adventurous coffee houses are selling it by the cup, but you won't likely find it at your local coffee shop just yet. The coffee isn't so spectacular that it's truly worth that amount of money. You are paying for the experience of enjoying such an unusual and rare delicacy.

AnimalCoffee.com offers a gift box of Kopi Luwak coffee, that would be a great gift for any coffee lover. Read my review of this product and find out more about the taste of Kopi Luwak.

Last edited by ronbonzo; 02-05-2006 at 10:51 AM.
ronbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:59 AM   #5
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Too exotic for me!!!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:33 AM   #6
uraz

Drives: Yaris d-4d--Nissan Navara 4x4
It's obvious. eveybody find it in 3 seconds
uraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
I hate coffee.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #8
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
"It has a rich, heavy flavour with hints of caramel or chocolate. Other terms used to describe it are earthy, musty and exotic. The body is almost syrupy and it's very smooth."

Um... that would be the poo you're tasting.

Rich people have so very little common sense.

~YR
Old 04-19-2006, 11:39 PM   #9
plushDJ

Drives: 2007 3 dr manual
HAHA, TWO AND A HALF!!!!

Yes..... I mean seconds........
plushDJ is offline   Reply With Quote