Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-30-2007, 08:46 AM   #1
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
Question guys with Mobile video equipment

Hey guys I was looking at mobile video flip up and in dash head units. I was just wondering if they make any with detachable face plates. Ive had my previous car broken into a couple times around my area (at work) . so i want something that wont concern me too much when im parking.

if not deteachable do you guys have a special cover for it or anything like that? thanks
nqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #2
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Umm, yes you can buy the detachable ones...I think it will be a 1 din of each. Screen and player or both in 1 din.
Take a look on ebay..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
My pioneer 5700dvd has a somewhat detachable face plate. its about 2x1/2x1/2 inches and detaches from the front and doesnt allow the head unit to open or be turned on. Its not really the faceplate, but it is that security feature.
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
earljail

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch 5speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqd View Post
Hey guys I was looking at mobile video flip up and in dash head units. I was just wondering if they make any with detachable face plates. Ive had my previous car broken into a couple times around my area (at work) . so i want something that wont concern me too much when im parking.

if not deteachable do you guys have a special cover for it or anything like that? thanks
Most generally aren't detachable.

What I do with my single-DIN Panasonic(with a centre-channel speaker below it) is put a small piece of cardboard in front of it so that people can't see what I've got.

Gotta get an alarm, too, which is what you should consider as well. Personally, I think tinted windows advertise, but YMMV.
earljail is offline   Reply With Quote