Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-06-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
V8TITAN

Drives: 07 nissan titan, 07 yaris
well guys im new, and need some input..

ok first off, i do not drive a yaris.. i have one in my driveway but its my sisters lol.. i have a 07 nissan titan... anyways so its my sisters first car she just got her license and weve had it since feburary.. its an 07 red sedan... i want to do a few things for it. it deffinatly needs wheels... im not looking to spend more then 500 for a set (hopefully with tires since 2 already have nails...) next cold air intake ? whats good and under 200 bucks new ? also i want oem or something good enough to be considered oem or better foglights... those black bezels are ugly as well as the black grill..

has anyone ever got the grill colored too mach ? or is there chrome inserts and replacements ??? are there any body kits for the sedan ? i dont want to lower it since its low enough already lol.. any other upgrade cosmetic wise you can think of ? im not looking to rice it out like most of the scions and hondas but what performance mods are out ? its auto so im not looking for turbos s/c

also anyone ever have problems with it ? recalls ? id like to see what you guys think of ur rides but i dont exactly want to hear "oh its the best car ever" bs.. like i said i already got one and its not mine im not in the market lol...one last thing. what is the offset and lug pattern on the 15in stock wheels with plastic hubs ??? thanks guys, you will be seeing me on here alot and hope to learn some cool things about a 4 banger lol
V8TITAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
jlift

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Well, for the wheels you could go to discount tire. They have some in your state and I think their prices are great. I got a 15" all chrome for $90 each. Just go to their website, discounttire.com and you can also get info. on your wheel standard size after plugging in your car. As far as the other items that you want to do, I would just do a search on ebay for Yaris and see what the offerings are, or search this group. I think by searching you will find alot. How are you liking the Nissan? I used to have a 06 Tundra, but traded it in for the yaris --better gas mileage. hardly drove the thing anyway (11K miles in over one year...).Welcome to the forum.
jlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
V8TITAN

oh man that titan kills EVERYTHING!!!(ive had every ford from 150 to 450 its my second one... im getting another in december hopefully, anyways i did look on ebay but i dont like that cheap china made crap. whats everyone av mpg ?

also whats vitz ? and when did they make a 4 door hatchback ????
Old 06-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
your sister is gonna love her yaris. I just smile ear to ear driving my yaris. Watching these idiots that only get 20 miles to the gallon and have over paid on their ego mobiles just makes me laugh.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #5
V8TITAN

ego mobiles ??? i get 11mpg city and it costs me 70 to fill up twice a week... gas isnt my problem and if it were id be driving less.. wouldnt trade my titan for anything else other then a new one ! anyways she has fun driving my truck as much as she does her car... only problem is she cant spin her wheels at all.. mine get burnt whenever i want lol
Old 06-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #6
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
BailOut where are you?????
Old 06-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #7
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
First, do wheels and tires. You could start with: TireRack.com; Discounttiredirect.com; and Buywheelstoday.com

Maybe you'll find something you like at one of those sites.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8TITAN View Post
ok first off, i do not drive a yaris.. i have one in my driveway but its my sisters lol.. i have a 07 nissan titan... anyways so its my sisters first car she just got her license and weve had it since feburary.. its an 07 red sedan... i want to do a few things for it. it deffinatly needs wheels... im not looking to spend more then 500 for a set (hopefully with tires since 2 already have nails...)
There's a lot of choice, I think you can easily find what you need. Don't forget to take a look at the wheels and tire guide in the wheels/suspension sub-forum, so that you know which sizes and offsets you can work with.
Quote:
next cold air intake ? whats good and under 200 bucks new ?
I think Fujita's are the cheapest at the moment, though what a lot of people would recommend is to wait for our member ChinoCharles to release his own highly anticipated home-brewed short ram intakes, they should run about $120 and show a decent performance (and sound) improvement.
Quote:
also i want oem or something good enough to be considered oem or better foglights... those black bezels are ugly as well as the black grill..
I think your best bet there is eBay. Or you can look in my official toyota accessories thread in the classifieds section, I can get OEM foglights with a crhome surround from Toyota Thailand
Quote:
has anyone ever got the grill colored too mach ? or is there chrome inserts and replacements ???
Doesn't seem to be a lot of choice there as of yet...
Quote:
are there any body kits for the sedan ?
Only one I can think of is the Naristo kit, a bit extreme. Lip kits are another possibility, there's the USDM S kit, though I am not sure if it can be purchased separately, and over here there's a few different options that I am also looking into.
Quote:
i dont want to lower it since its low enough already lol..
Hmmm look around at some other peoples' lowered cars, it makes a big cosmetic difference and most would agree that mild springs like the Tanabe NF210's don't hurt comfort much
Quote:
any other upgrade cosmetic wise you can think of ? im not looking to rice it out like most of the scions and hondas but what performance mods are out ? its auto so im not looking for turbos s/c
A subtle spoiler might be nice if you don't already have one, wait till our member Kaotic Lazagna gets his and see what you think
No specific exhausts yet (unless you go custom), so apart from air intakes, there's pretty much only crank pulleys (NST recommended), you could go for a Nology Hotwirez set to improve ignition, but I'm not sure the results will be worth the expense on a stock engine
Quote:
also anyone ever have problems with it ? recalls ? id like to see what you guys think of ur rides but i dont exactly want to hear "oh its the best car ever" bs.. like i said i already got one and its not mine im not in the market lol...one last thing.
Uh... it's the best car ever...
No recalls yet in North America, though you might want to dig around in the DIY forum for the various TSBs that have been released, they are basically little fixes that Toyota can carry out for you if your car is eligible.
Quote:
what is the offset and lug pattern on the 15in stock wheels with plastic hubs ???
I think you can look that up in the wheels and tire guide thread I mentioned above
Quote:
thanks guys, you will be seeing me on here alot and hope to learn some cool things about a 4 banger lol
Always good to have more people join in and eager to learn. Hopefully you'll see and learn that there's a lot that a small, light car can do just as well as a huge-ass pickup truck

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:06 AM   #9
V8TITAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Always good to have more people join in and eager to learn. Hopefully you'll see and learn that there's a lot that a small, light car can do just as well as a huge-ass pickup truck

on the road that is lol
Old 06-07-2007, 06:53 AM   #10
sambo42xa

Drives: 07 YARIS Automatic/LiftBac/Red
...how old is your Sister?

sambo42xa
Old 06-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #11
V8TITAN

16 and not interested if thats where your going lol
Old 07-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
chekon

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2010
andysautosport.com have some body kits i haven t bought anything there yet but im planning on it.
chekon is offline   Reply With Quote