Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #55
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Mantis View Post
Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids.

I buy Castrol oil at Walmart for $13 ( 5-quart jug ).
Oil filter from local dealer is $6.
I do it myself. That way, I know the filter isn't screwed on too tight, and some stupid wrench monkey at the quick-lube doesn't strip my drain plug/oil pan bung.

The Toyota Yaris RS is "the cheapest sports car" you are going to get?
The Yaris is NOT a "sports car". Funny how some people think they are.
The Yaris has ONE engine option, it makes 100 horsepower. Laughable.
The RS/S "sporty" model Yaris is $3,000 more ???
So you pay $3,000 for aluminum rims, and some stick-on body panel crap?
That makes it a "sports car" ?
You can buy aluminum rims for LESS than $100 each through Discount Tire in the USA.
And you have like 100 different models ( or more ) to choose from.

In order for the Yaris to be a true "sports car", they would have to offer a model with a larger TURBO-CHARGED/intercooled engine, beefy sports car suspension, larger brakes, larger wheels and tires, and a transaxle that can handle it all. They might as well redesign the overall shape, too. To make it more aerodynamic. ( lower and wider body )

At the very LEAST, Toyota should offer a larger engine in the RS/S models.
A 1.8L dohc quad valve VVT-i engine with a small turbo.
Or the big 2.4L from the Camry.

To stick some crap on a stock Yaris and call it an RS or S model, and charge $3,000 more for it, is just a rip-off.

The Yaris is a SWEET little car. It's a fuel nibbler, city car. Fun to drive. I LOVE my little Polar white 3-door hatch. But a "sports car" it will NEVER be!

pricing for what you name is a bit different in canada....

much more than rims and body kit on the RS...im assuming you've never checked one out

that being said, i couldnt pick one up knowing the engine's were all the same.....a proper RS w/ the 1.8L would be nice, but then it'd be an xD (which, btw, we don't have in canada (yet))
Old 01-07-2010, 02:29 AM   #56
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
i agree with u, i laugh when its is called a sport car also, but really, its gonna be my civic..... only its gonna come with a body kit already and way cheaper on insurance and i personally think the RS looks sick. yes a bigger 1.8L would be even better but thats not what the yaris is.

I've made fun of people in the past with civics doing all the looks but making no more go, well in todays age its not about the go, all about the looks and saving money. how do u do that, u get a car that comes looking nice anf fresh and new but small engine but still have some kick. which i think it does. i personally think yes a turbo would be kool, but give me that little car with 180HP and u will find me on the moon. the 106HP is enough for me to get to school-home-friends-work and back without any trouble in my wallet or from the cops.

also personally i cannot stand hub caps and the Toyota rims i personally think are very nice....not riced out, gives the car a nice classy kinda look.

and just to shit talk....the RS body kit is not stick on, its bolt on

lol

i will find another post i had that lists all the extra's the RS comes with stock that the 5 dr LE does not. so the RS is the 5dr LE plus the stuff i'm going to post..... as soon as i find it......

(230AM......jsut got home from work....fucking bored!! lol)
Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 AM   #57
yaris2010RS

I FOUND IT!!! lol, not too hard, Yarisworld has a very easy interface..... lol, well anyways here is the entire post..... i know it says Sport car again but w.e, its my sport car. i dont care what anyone says. dnw i'm not gonna rice it out but it is gonna get drivin hard.... lol, not too hard but hard enough. hoping to take it to a track in the summer.... lol

the RS is basicallt the sport. its top of Yaris hatchback with all bells and gagets yaris has to offer. main points, body kit, 6 disk in dash changer, 60/40 slit seats, power everything, extra interior leather trims (still cloth seats) keyless entry, lights do interesting things when u unlock/lock/open door/turn off car, all saftey options (extra front and side airbags) rims (not ugly ass wheel covers) heated mirrors and power mirrors, tinted glass, colour front/rear/mirrors, rear wiper, fog lamps.

Mechanical only has a few extra's such as Vehicle Stabibility control, front and rear disks breaking system, ABS, EBD and BA all included. it also sits a little wider...not exactly sure how but thats what it says in the information booklet.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #58
thebarber
daily driver

5dr LE w/ B package has many of those features now...including 60/40 split fold rear seats, heated mirriors, power windows/locks, rear wiper

the big things the RS gets (that are often hard to replace with aftermarket) are:
sportier shaped front seats, black sport cloth interior seating, panels, headliner, amber gauge cluster, leather steering wheel and shift knob, foglights, body kit, aluminum wheels

side note: i personally love getting steelies on a car....you slap winter tires on 'em and buy something nice for the summer....and 15" wheel/tires combos are EASY to find used in the GTA
Old 01-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #59
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post

the RS is basicallt the sport. its top of Yaris hatchback with all bells and gagets yaris has to offer. main points, body kit, 6 disk in dash changer, 60/40 slit seats, power everything, extra interior leather trims (still cloth seats) keyless entry, lights do interesting things when u unlock/lock/open door/turn off car, all saftey options (extra front and side airbags) rims (not ugly ass wheel covers) heated mirrors and power mirrors, tinted glass, colour front/rear/mirrors, rear wiper, fog lamps.

Mechanical only has a few extra's such as Vehicle Stabibility control, front and rear disks breaking system, ABS, EBD and BA all included. it also sits a little wider...not exactly sure how but thats what it says in the information booklet.
My 08 Sedan non-sport has most of those features. IT has the 60/40 seats, power everything, keyless entry(which I installed for $35), power mirrors, tinted glass, color mirrors, ABS. I beleive on the 09 or 10 that the non-sport also has the 4 air bag system, VSC. So in conclusion, there not much of a difference between the RS and the non-RS. You are paying a lot of $ for fancy rims, plastic molding and interesting lights.....

But I'm not here to judge anyone. It's your money. If you want to spend it to make the car look more "rich" or more like a "NASCAR" go for it. I'm sure Toyota loves you for it. I'm guessing their making around a 90% profit on the extra package.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #60
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
My 08 Sedan non-sport has most of those features. IT has the 60/40 seats, power everything, keyless entry(which I installed for $35), power mirrors, tinted glass, color mirrors, ABS. I beleive on the 09 or 10 that the non-sport also has the 4 air bag system, VSC. So in conclusion, there not much of a difference between the RS and the non-RS. You are paying a lot of $ for fancy rims, plastic molding and interesting lights.....

But I'm not here to judge anyone. It's your money. If you want to spend it to make the car look more "rich" or more like a "NASCAR" go for it. I'm sure Toyota loves you for it. I'm guessing their making around a 90% profit on the extra package.
sedan/hatch comparison is apples and oranges

ever sit in the seats in an S/RS hatch?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #61
b_hickman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
sedan/hatch comparison is apples and oranges

ever sit in the seats in an S/RS hatch?
The 09 hatch is the same way......and 010 hatch and 5 dr......
Old 01-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #62
yaris2010RS

omg, okay the car is sitting at the dealer now!! came in today...have to wait till saturday to pick it up........ it looks sick, lol, and here is something i didn't know about it, has lots of chrome trim inside, the seat material is different and where the radio is, on the yaris its silver on the RS is gunmetal/ darker grey. cant wait......
Old 01-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #63
YotaYaris

Drives: 09 3dr (sold), 12 SE 5spd : )
Are you buying something like this?
http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObje...YarisHatchback
Then click the 5-Door RS to the left hand side under Model.
Looks like the Yaris S package of 09.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #64
b_hickman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaYaris View Post
Are you buying something like this?
http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObje...YarisHatchback
Then click the 5-Door RS to the left hand side under Model.
Looks like the Yaris S package of 09.
It's basically the samething, they just changed the name from Sport (S) to Rally Sport (RS). The S or RS is usually bought by the younger buyers. Toyota stuck the word "Rally" in front of it to make it more appealing to the young folks and to increase the size of their wallets.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #65
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
It's basically the samething, they just changed the name from Sport (S) to Rally Sport (RS). The S or RS is usually bought by the younger buyers. Toyota stuck the word "Rally" in front of it to make it more appealing to the young folks and to increase the size of their wallets.
lol, true. but the order is wrong...RS was first...they adopted the S for the states...

however, in the echo hatchbacks, the RS was 10x hotter than the base. black interior, waaay nicer seats, leather wheel and knob, chrome accents, aluminum rims, side skirts, spoiler....was worth the dough not to have to ride in the base echo hatch

yaris RS, less so
Old 01-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #66
yaris2010RS

it is the 09 S only with a few diff features. dont know what the inside of the 09 s looks like but for outside looks the front bumper has more black trims and it flips out at the bottom and the rear bumper is all accross the back with more black trim side skirt the same as 09. i think they were going for an evo kinda look.... lol, all i know is looks sick and love it. i stalked it lastnight in the toyota parking lot, CANT WAIT!!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #67
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
After all this, if you don't have pics of that sucker up tomorrow, we be bannin' your ass ;)
Old 01-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #68
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
After all this, if you don't have pics of that sucker up tomorrow, we be bannin' your ass ;)
lol, true story.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #69
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
+1
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #70
YotaYaris

Drives: 09 3dr (sold), 12 SE 5spd : )
Just curious, did you look at the Civic Si Sedan before going all in with this car?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #71
b_hickman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
lol, true. but the order is wrong...RS was first...they adopted the S for the states...

however, in the echo hatchbacks, the RS was 10x hotter than the base. black interior, waaay nicer seats, leather wheel and knob, chrome accents, aluminum rims, side skirts, spoiler....was worth the dough not to have to ride in the base echo hatch

yaris RS, less so
Well I live in the STATES. So when I post I am only talking about the US Yaris. The S was the FIRST in the States. The RS or S is a cosmetic car. If you want to feel like you are driving a BMW or want to think your Yaris has more HP than the other 98% Yaris's on the road then go ahead and buy the S, or the RS, or the $$$$ for Toyota's Wallet.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:05 AM   #72
yaris2010RS

Quote:
Well I live in the STATES. So when I post I am only talking about the US Yaris. The S was the FIRST in the States. The RS or S is a cosmetic car. If you want to feel like you are driving a BMW or want to think your Yaris has more HP than the other 98% Yaris's on the road then go ahead and buy the S, or the RS, or the $$$$ for Toyota's Wallet.
LMFAO....this is gonna sound bad but agreed.

but still, look at it this way, i'm a teen and thats as tricked out (riced out if u like) that i coudl really care for. yes u could get the 3dr base line yaris pay nothing to toyota and come home and do everything yourself. but the time you will spend finding parts and a body kit and the rims (toyota rims which i am quite happy with....for now) it will cost u close to the same if not more. all the extra little trims for make it feel a bit higher class then it is. sure, but this is gonna be my car for 10years at least..... it has to be 5dr(or insurance will have their way with me) and it has to look cool. dont get me wrong, yes a 1.8 turbo would be sick, but it wouldn't cost 22,500.

And FYI it will have more HP the 98% of the other yaris's and thats cuz i'm driving and i've got my pully kit and intake all lined up for summer. jsut another thought, hasn't been proven but i could see the RS being more aero dynamic... jsut a thought

either way, someone is gonna get ure money... the salesmen i delt with, yes, i felt liek i was getting fucked around at the beginning but really, it wasn't his fault it took so long and he did give me a car to drive around while i was waiting. i feel i got a good price on the top end yaris and i have been told by many other dealerships they coundn't beat my price and unless i had that price on paper, they doubted the dealer would even follow through with it.