Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
sticky bizz

hi everyone, i have a prob its very annoying. i have an a/t and the other day my friend had a red bull explosion. most was easy to clean but some spilled into where the shifter rod is and those thin plastic black pieces now are sticking and im afraid they might fold under and get stuck in the tight space. i tried to clean it but its still messed up. does anyone have any other tips?
a side note, on the same night but a seperate incident i hit a massive pot hole the hubcap flew off (which i retrieved) the drivers side front wheel is now slighty bent. it hasnt lost air and still drives straight. should i be worried? i know eventually ill have to do something but still
Old 07-31-2012, 01:49 AM   #2
Profotoiam

Drives: yaris
the shifter part comes off pretty easy with alittle simple messing around and unclipping of the unit start with the break realease part work ur way up orr windex the shit outa it

the tire rims bend it happens take it to a tire shop see if thell beat the shit outa of it for you with a mallet that they use for rims
thats what they did to mine and mine was pretty bent leaked air when it had pressure on it
after they banged the crap outa it never had a problem they did this for free since i buy all my tires there
you can do it urself use a soft mallet
Profotoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
cool thanks for the fast response time
also this might be a good time/excuse to finally get new rims. thats always an option as well haha