Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
Intruder

Drives: 2000 W Reg 1.0 CDX Yaris
Indicator fuse blowing in hot weather

Hi everyone,

As you can tell by the title, I'm having a problem with my indicators.

When the car has been out in the sun, the fuse blows when I try to use the indicators.

Now I had this same issue last year in hot weather and of course I googled to try find what may be the cause and I was led to a thread on this forum (which I can no longer seem to find) that it maybe corrosion on the bulb contacts (which makes sense with regards to the heat from the hot weather) so I've had the circuit and contacts checked for corrosion and cleaned but here I am again with the same problem.

I've further looked around and the next step is to replace the relay as it maybe the cause behind this problem however I'm having even more difficulty trying to find a replacement part!

My Yaris is pretty old now, W reg (2000) 1.0 Litre - so Japanese built one and looking for the flasher relay used for my car seems that no where stocks the part. The part number for mine is 81980-50030 and I can't find this anywhere, phoned up Toyota and they're asking for £51 for this little thing! I have found 81980-50040 models online but thats apparently for 2003-2006 models.

Anyway, if anyone could help and advise what I should do and check or where I can find an affordable new relay from, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote