Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-20-2014, 01:34 AM   #1
travishv
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris hbk
Engine light + loss of throttle control

Just looking for some advice.
Ongoing engine light problem with my '07 Yaris 5 speed hatchback. 313,000km.
Engine light coming on every other day, sometimes with nothing noticeable happening , other times the car starts to hold the acceleration on it's own. So I take my foot off the peddle, and the car holds that level of acceleration (no the peddle isn't stuck on a mat). If I push the clutch in, the Rpms slowly increase. I turn off the car , turn it back on, engine light stays but the gas peddle responds normally again.

I took it to the dealership and they retrieved the codes:

P0011 - camshaft position 'A' timing over advanced, or system performance. (This code started coming on a year ago and was chalked up to the sensor being dirty from a time when I had to leave the car 6 months unused.

C1541 - vehicle speed sensor
V0105 - Lost communication with fuel injector control module.

They said they could not provide a diagnosis, cleared the codes and told me to let them know if it comes on again. Of course just as I was driving home it came on again.

Any ideas what could be going on? And why with the codes a diagnosis wouldn't've been able to be made.

Thanks!
travishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:09 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
With the V0105 code, I would suspect the ECM to be the issue. You might want to remove it and pop the cover on it to see if there is corrosion on the circuit board.