Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
jay cobbs

Drives: 2010 yaris sedan 4 speed auto
Arrow Like a PRIUS... BUY THE YARIS SEDAN......LOOK AT THIS>>>>

I did my homework before my wife and I turned in our 6 cyl pontiac for the 2010 YARIS SEDAN IN BEAUTIFUL HOT RED . seats in front are higher with height ajustment like lexus plenty of room in front and back for 5 and flat rear floor for coolers, big feet ( im 13" myself no problem ) whatever. The stock cd and radio is quite good. Ive installed car audio for a living and the 6x9 speakers with a real trunk for the natural bass in the rear, beat any prius sounds handsdown. a real trunk with more room than a corolla doesnt hurt eather. Check edmunds.com, you tube, whatever. OH and you'll never guessone of the most popular cars in europe is guess who.... crash tests...mpg...star saftey system like a camry with 2010 and later models all top scores. the Yaris Sedan is the secret love child or a camry and a prius...just look at all the specs. looks like dad with camry styling and sips gas like its mom the prius .... a perfect marrage.
test drive the sedan. roommy, CAN get 40 mpg at 65*70 MPH NOT 56 MPH LIKE PRIUS DASH GAUGE RECOMMENDS.... easy I do it with a 4 speed auto with overdrive. TIP: try to avoid the TRANSMISSION called CVT read on many web sites why. not as much fun to drive since the 1.5L engine is the same as many prius current models have but one of the best parts is the lean sedan design and low weight of only 2325lbs vs. close to 3000 with others ( prius too) in and out of is class, and more power than newer prius cars YARIS MODELS ALL HAVE 106 hp or DRIVING power and 103 of torque the hihgest ratio in its class... not the 73 hp in a prius C which is a JOKE, sorry C. DRIVE THE GEM OF TOYOTA'S FORWARD THINKING. CHECK THE SPECS....RIDE in the 2010 or 2011 SEDANS at MANY HERTZ AND toyota DEALERS IN YOUR AREA.
GREAT CAR....GREAT VALUE...big trunk not a overstuffed hatch.....turns on a dime....amazing MPG. preformer and no recalls.....DRIVE ONE AND SEE WHY 240000 for a prius runabout is maybe a bit too much when there is YARIS SEDAN at 12500 .... dont listen to salesman hype do the math between how many years at 4.50 a gallon ( yes its coming...you know it) and 35-40 mpg hwy in a Yaris sedan !gets with a auto 5 speed ( again read the specs from toyota not the salesman pitching the high priced Prius.... and the must drive at 55-60 miles per hour prius dash gauge game ( see on you tube and read the driver prius recommondations to get 46-52 MPG. ( you have to work at it and train yourself to hypermile read about it) like my wife said after DRIVING both. I want a car with some guts...NOT ANOTHER VIDEO GAME TO PLAY IN THE CAR ( aka Prius DASH DISPLAY MONITOR SYSTEM ). Prius runs only for a mile or two on electric is that far enough in the real world for you?... JUST CHECK OUT THE SEDAN YARIS, YOUR WALLET AND YOUR MIND WILL THANK YOU FOR ONE.....HAPPY TRAILS..JAY

Last edited by jay cobbs; 06-09-2012 at 11:15 PM.
jay cobbs is offline   Reply With Quote