Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #19
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
I have ask a few girls I know and here's the thing... most of them don't know s|-|it about cars so they don't even care. They don't judge by the car but then again for them its nice to go on a date on a nice looking car (whatever car it is... cause many don't even know the name or brand).

An example:
Here in P.R. since it's and island there are a lots of marinas.... when I'am entering in the Yaris the security guards ask me lots of stuff just to let me in and when crosing the parking lot people look the car strangly. So I once tooked my dads BMW 645 convertible and it was a whole different story, no questions, girls looking and lots of smiles....... LOL. Funny thing is that they know I'am the dude with the Yaris but since I droved a Bimmer (just for that they) things changed... LOL

But then again I'am a lucky dude (hot girl, car lover, JDM lover, Euro car lover, Bimmer Owner, know about cars) and she likes my econobox .... so all the bitches in the fancy Marinas can suck the gas my car doesn't consume
Old 11-27-2008, 10:16 PM   #20
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
I use my rusty old truck for first dates, then maybe on the third or fourth I might use my Protege. Then I can tell if she is more interested in my money or me
Greenthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #21
The Shape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I have had several nice 5.0 mustangs over the years and dated several girls while owning them, but the girl I married I picked up in a plain base model 4 banger truck for our first date. If a girl is hung up on what you drive she probably isn't worth dating.
The Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #22
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
I agree with everyone here. If she can't get over your crappy car, then she's prolly not worth dating. That's why on the first date I usually pick her up in the Ferrari. Then later, when I am sure she doesn't care about money, I'll pick her up in my helicopter. *saying in very rich person tone of voice*

How about that - perspective! Think about it, I'm rocking your mind baby!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #23
DuckinOut
QUACK~!!!!!

Drives: Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to DuckinOut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niP0_56Hyns

HAHAHAH ... Smart Car VS Lambo
i saw this a couple days ago and then saw this thread and it made me laugh even more, just watch the video, it's pretty hilarious

DuckinOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #24
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluYrs View Post
The question is inspired by the sight of Yaris (worst of all, specifically a 3-door!) on this list on Autoblog: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/10-wo...-cars/1186658/

Then again, the list does end with Ferrari 599 GTB... But does the Yaris really belong on that list? Any comments, personal experience? Which cars not mentioned there should be on the list?
The Author of this blog, I hope, is just being "tongue in cheek", having some fun.

If you really have some concerns about what a date would think maybe you have to work a bit more on your "inner game". Especially this asinine idea that you need to be something you're not before someone will want you.

I think the person with the Porsche or 'Vette or Ferrari is sometimes overcompensating. Folks who overcompensate are surrounding themselves with a wall of material items in order to feel confident.

There are women who are tuned into overcompensation and will exploit such folks without pity. They're not real dates, they're gold diggers. Easy to spot - they only love you when you're spending on them.

If a lady "made fun" of my car I would probably bust her balls in reply. Build up sexual tension with her.

My favorite was the guy who had a young lady in his car who said, "Am I safe in this thing?". He could have said, "That depends upon you" or "No" or "Nobody has died in it recently" - all said with an ironic tone and grin.

Gene

Last edited by GeneW; 11-28-2008 at 04:26 PM.
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #25
SilverGlow
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
If the girls judges you by your car, then stop giving her the benefit of the doubt. So instead of treating her like a keeper, use her for sex and good times. Lie to her, whatever it takes to get her panties off....treat a lady like a lady, a tramp like a tramp...that's the way of the world...even sluts have their place...
SilverGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #26
paradigm
o.O

Drives: 8
Appearances are the first thing that people have to go by. Can't say i wouldnt go for the hotty dressed up vs the unkept girl in sweats and a t-shirt. Long term who knows but its not a bad starting point.
paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #27
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
I have always said that you can tell a lot about a person by the car they drive. There is a fine line. I think that the Yaris is a great car because it's economical, practical, responsible, not bad looking etc. It's all the things that you want in a little coupe in 2009. I get a kick out of people driving cars that they can't afford....I see it all the time. At the end of the day though...as many have said, it goes to show you the "shallow-ness" of many that the final judgement regarding somebody lies in the car that they drive but I do believe that it's not a final judgement as much as it is a "first impression." As long as the car is clean and kept up....it says something about your hygiene and conscience. Somebody trying to compensate with a car is obvious
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #28
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluYrs View Post
The question is inspired by the sight of Yaris (worst of all, specifically a 3-door!) on this list on Autoblog: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/10-wo...-cars/1186658/

Then again, the list does end with Ferrari 599 GTB... But does the Yaris really belong on that list? Any comments, personal experience? Which cars not mentioned there should be on the list?
Man if a girl like you she hardly care about your car at all, if it's dirty she will help you clean it up, help you wash it, help you wax it, or if you are dirty she will take care for you in the bathroom.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #29
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
I know my buddy who drives a G35 pulls ass all the time -- and its not his looks.

A car is usually gonna help you pull chick you wanna just fuck that night -- not a girl you're looking to date seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousPups4U View Post
when we got in the car he switched the radio to what I liked. He was paying attention, I noticed.
lol. well im not winning any points that way likely then. i cant deal with non-electronic music. if a girl doesnt like the techno im playing in my yaris, the only thing i would change to for her would be trance, euro or house. ;)
Old 11-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #30
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:

Picking up a date in a minivan means you're either very cocky or incredibly uninteresting. Show up at someone's house in a Chevy Uplander and not only are you that guy with that minivan, but you picked the worst possible one.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg! LOL!
Old 11-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #31
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:

We love the Chevy HHR Panel. It's way cooler-looking than it's window-clad sibling, and in SS trim it's damn fun to drive, too. The HHR isn't a good first date vehicle, however, because nothing puts up more red flags on a first date than a vehicle without windows.
Again -- LOL!! Bwaaaaaaahahahaha. Brilliant!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #32
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
Yeah, I knew what they was going to say about the wagon before I even read it, hah.

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Prohibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #33
mfratt

Drives: BMW 330i
I drive a BMW right now, and I hate it when girls ask me what kind of car I drive. I'm always like "Eh, an old BMW." (Its a 2001). I don't like flaunting the fact that I have a nice car, and its all the better when they finally do see the car and they're then like (a) "nice car" and (b) realize that you have yet to bring up what you drive.

As for the Yaris, well the chicks that chase after guys with money won't dig it, but any reasonable minded girl would probably see that its a responsible, economical car and that the guy isn't trying to show anything off by having a "fancy" car (not that we buy nice cars for that reason, but thats a possible impression). Also, the whole "green" movement and downsizing is becoming popular enough that having a car like a Yaris could actually be a big plus over a BMW or big SUV.
mfratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:02 AM   #34
djgab101

Drives: toyota yaris
wat a f...k..g b...h s....t

excuse my language!
djgab101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:32 AM   #35
Bella

Drives: 06 Yaris YR Hatch
I only have the blokes that drive their riced up falcodores hastle me about driving a Yaris .. Then I remind them that it costs me less than half of the $100 they need to fill up their petrol-guzzlers to fill up my car, and that it lasts far longer! After that I usually ignore anything else they say unless they're admiting their defeat.

I've had a couple of mates of mine ask if they can borrow my car for an afternoon because they are chasing girls who are in love with the Yaris.

My boyfriend is big into his classic cars, but he loves my Yaris almost as much as I do. He's forever saying he couldn't imagine me driving anything else and that I better never sell it!
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #36
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
Good thread, hah.

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Prohibit is offline   Reply With Quote